Knott’s Berry Farm celebrates the new 4D interactive ride – Voyage to the Iron Reef with a grand opening ceremony. Gamers, you will love it! The ride is located on the second floor of Buffalo Nickel Arcade next to Charles M Schulz Theatre and Johnny Rockets. The ride requires 3-D glasses and boards four passengers per submarine. Our mission is to fight the mysterious creatures underneath the Boardwalk including the Kraken Queen to save the park. As we dive into the waters, it is non-stop action as we blast them with our freeze rays and fight them off as a team. (Each player in the submarine has their own ray color.) Our seats rotate, and we were in constant motion. It felt like we were on this great deep sea adventure. At the end of the ride which lasted about 4 minutes, we all weighed-in to see who got the most points. It is so much fun! You’ll also see the best players of the year on the score boards.
Voyage to the Iron Reef™ Facts
- Track Length: 600 Ft (183.2 M)
- Approx. Ride Area: 18,040 Sq. Ft.
- Ride Duration: 4 minutes
- Number of Trains: 8 trains
- Number of Carts per Train: 2 carts per train
- Number of Riders per Cart: 4 riders per cart
- Number of Riders per Train: 8 riders per train
- Riders Per Hour: 800
- Number of Screens: 11 screens total; 10 interactive screens
- Number of Projectors: 44 high definition projectors
- Size of Longest Screen: 69 x 13 sq. ft.
- Total Pixels: 2.3 million
- The network cable that powers the screens is long enough to wrap around the Hollywood sign 85 times.
- Want to get high scores? Blast hidden medallions throughout the ride.
- Easter eggs of various iconic treasures from Knott’s past are hidden throughout the ride. Interact with them by blasting them with your freeze ray. (Hint: Look for the famous Roaring 20s sign!)
- There is a hidden Snoopy in the all new ride dock mural. Look for it!
- Iron Reef is the newest interactive 4-D ride on the West Coast and the only interactive 4D ride in the So Cal theme park marketplace featuring an entirely original story and characters.
After you ride, everyone exits into the arcade (just in case you need to get more gaming out of your system.) Knott’s Voyage to the Iron Reef is the newest attraction at Knott’s Berry Farm. It is located at 8039 Beach Blvd in Buena Park, CA. For more information, please visit their website at www.knotts.com. Share your scores and excitement by joining the conversation using hashtag #KnottsIronReef on Instagram and Twitter!