ALL ABOARD!!! Day Out With Thomas: The Steam Team Tour 2019, presented by Mattel, makes its return to Southern California Railroad this November! The tour, now in its 24th year, will make 37 stops across the U.S. and Canada and is expected to welcome nearly one million passengers in 2019. Thomas the Tank Engine invites little engineers to go full steam ahead for a day of engaging activities and fun adventures. The #1 Engine pulls into Southern California Railroad on November 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, & 11th, 2019 and will not be back in Southern California until Fall 2020. Take a ride with Thomas, meet Percy and Sir Topham Hatt, and enjoy a day of family fun!
A ticket for “Day Out With Thomas” includes a train ride with Thomas the Tank Engine, meet-and-greet with Sir Topham Hatt, storytelling with video viewing, an Imagination Station with arts & crafts, temporary tattoos of Island of Sodor friends, a petting zoo, bounce houses, live children’s music, sing-a-longs, train tables for building activities, and more. Children are invited to collect passport stamps throughout the day to receive a special gift. There will also be street car and trolley rides and an entire museum to explore. It is an all day event! The tour, now in its 23rd year, will make 42 stops across the U.S. and Canada and is expected to welcome nearly one million passengers in 2018.
- 25-minute (approximate) ride with a talking Thomas the Tank Engine
- Meet & Greet with Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
- Thomas & Friends Imagination Station featuring a variety of activities
- All-new ‘Ask an Engineer’ booth, where kids can talk to an engineer and learn about trains and working on the rails
- A ‘Passport to Adventures’ booklet for children to track their journey at the event and receive a special prize upon completion.
- Thomas & Friends-themed activities including toy play, photo ops, and more
- Storytelling, video viewing and live music
Review and Tips!
“The FAQs for the event advised that you arrive an hour prior to train boarding time. It made sense once we got to the Orange Empire Railway Museum, where the event took place. Even though we had early tickets, the parking lot was already full and we were guided to alternate parking. We didn’t mind walking a little farther though because parking was free. Once we got inside the venue, there was a ton of stuff for the kids to do. When you arrive, make sure you grab a map for each of the kids. As you visit a designated area, they stamp the map and when you get four stamps, the kids can get a small souvenir. Although riding Thomas the Train was a highlight, we didn’t limit ourselves to just riding Thomas. We also rode on the Los Angeles Railway streetcar, known as the Yellow Cars and a 1950s Southern Pacific freight car. Afterwards, we visited the Train Museum and got to see a real steam locomotive up close. Finally, we ended the day by visiting the Imagination Station. My kids weren’t into the crafts but they loved all the train tables that were set up. By then, the crowds started getting thicker and we knew it was time to go home.” – Lisa Chinn
One LET’S PLAY OC! reader will win this prize. Winner will receive 4 tickets to the event on Saturday, November 2nd at 3:00 pm. The Railroad will try their best to fulfill the tickets in a timely manner. Please enter below for a chance to win!a Rafflecopter giveaway
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All readers have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. I will attempt to contact the winner for 3 days. If the winner cannot be reached by email, a new winner will be selected the same way. There are several different ways to earn entries. One prize per household. The winner will receive, free of charge, the prize mentioned above. This prize is not available for exchanges. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment. As per the sponsor, winners are eligible if they have not won free tickets the previous year or for other railway museum events within a year.
Day Out With Thomas: The Steam Team Tour 2019
November 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, & 11th, 2019
Southern California Railway Museum
aka Orange Engine Railway Museum
2201 S A St.
Perris, CA 92570
Tickets are on sale now and available by calling Ticketweb toll-free at 866-468-7630, or by visiting www.dayoutwiththomas.com. Ticket prices are $21 plus tax for ages 2 and up (service charges and fee may apply).
Families should arrive no later than one hour prior to scheduled departure. Military discounts are available. The Orange Empire Railway Museum is a non-profit organization. It is home to a collection of historic and vintage railway equipment and artifacts. The 100-acre campus is home to many annual events. Memberships are available as well as volunteer opportunities. For more information about the wonderful world of Thomas & Friends please visit www.thomasandfriends.com or www.facebook.com/thomasandfriends.
HOW TO GET THERE:
- From the West (Los Angeles): Take I-10 east or Route 60 east or Route 91 east to I-215. Take the I-215 South to Perris. In Perris exit Route 74 West. Follow Route 74/4th Street west or 1 mile. Turn left onto A Street. Follow A Street south for 1.5 miles. Museum parking is on your left.
- From the North (San Bernardino, Riverside): Take I-215 south to Perris. In Perris, take the exit to Route 74 West. Follow Route 74/4th Street west for 1 mile. Turn left onto A Street. Follow A Street south for 1.5 miles. The Museum parking is on your left.
- From the South (San Diego): Take the I-15 north to I-215 north. Follow I-215 north to Perris. In Perris, exit Route 74 West. Follow Route 74/4th Street west for 1 mile. Turn left onto A Street. Take A Street south 1.5 miles. Museum parking is on your left.