One of the attractions that is big on family fun is the little theme park in Anaheim – ADVENTURE CITY! Did you know this amusement park is right down the street from Knott’s Berry Farm (between Ball and Cerritos) on Beach Boulevard? This family owned and operated park has 17 rides, shows, and attractions including a petting zoo, a misting rain room, arcade, and Thomas & Friends area which is a great resting spot. Their newest ride is a coaster called “Rewind Racers”. It goes backwards, forwards, and once it reaches the top, it goes backwards in rewind! It is a favorite! With admissions like $18.95 per person, unlimited rides, and free parking, it’s really hard to beat! This park is not that big, but it’s packed with things to do for all ages. It’s also the perfect size for the little ones. The park is not super crowded like the others so it’s less time in lines and more time on rides. I’ll highlight a few with height and age restrictions below.
- REWIND RACERS: New in 2015! This roller coaster is really fun. It goes backwards, forwards, then backwards. You have to be 4 years old and 39″ to ride with an adult OR 6 and 48″ to ride by yourself.
- GIGGLE WHEEL: The Giggle Wheel is all giggles. Parents can ride too with no height or age restrictions.
- CRANK N’ ROLL: My kids got to work those muscles! One of them ran out of gas half way through so the staff member helped him along. Sorry, Parents, you must be 52″ or less to ride.
- BARNSTORMERS: The plane ride is easy. You’ll have to be 42″ to ride by yourself. I sat behind my two boys.
- BALLOON RACERS: I had to ride this by myself, and I’m so glad I did. Yes, I screamed on this one. It starts off really fast and then it slows down. Must be at least 2 years old. You can ride by yourself if you’re over 48″.
- CRAZY BUS: If you ride the Crazy Bus, you’ll have to be 42″ to ride by yourself.
- FREEWAY COASTER: This roller coaster ride had me screaming too. Must be 3 and older to ride the Freeway Coaster and 42″ unless you’re riding with a “responsible companion”.
- RESCUE RIDE: The Rescue Ride is automated, has a short tunnel, and loops around twice with no height and age restrictions.
- DROP ZONE: Minimum 38″ to ride with a “responsible companion” or 42″ to ride alone
- ADVENTURE CITY EXPRESS TRAIN: No minimum.
- CAROUSEL: No minimum.
TIP: If you’re not sure how your kids will do, ride it by yourself first. The best day to go is on Sundays, and the lines are never super long.
Our family always enjoy our day at Adventure City. They have rides that everyone can ride, and that it’s affordable fun. My kids definitely have their favorites, and we can easily hit them all (sometimes more than once) in a couple of hours and go back and ride them again. Every time we meet a friend there, they are pleasantly surprised. The park is open all year, every weekend. In the summer, they are open every day. You’ll want to check their park hours before you go. www.adventurecity.com
1238 South Beach Blvd(between Ball and Cerritos in the Hobby City Complex)Anaheim, California(714) 236-9300www.adventurecity.com
ADMISSIONS: Adult $18.95, Child $18.95, (Infants 12 months and younger Free), Senior $14.95 (55 years and up). Admissions include unlimited use of all rides, shows and attractions except the climbing wall and arcade. Please check their website for hours and closures.
I wish they offered annual passes, but they don’t. Here is a tip for you: Sign up for the e-newsletters for coupons. The last one we received was a free $5 Fun Card for the arcade! They also send out free birthday admission emails, and I remember seeing one for free ICEE.
One LET’S PLAY OC! reader will win this prize. Please enter below for a chance to win!
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All readers have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. I will attempt to contact the winner for 3 days. If the winner cannot be reached by email, a new winner will be selected the same way. There are several different ways to earn entries. One prize per household. The winner will receive, free of charge, the prize mentioned above. This prize has no cash value and is not available for exchanges. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment.