Doc McStuffins: The Exhibit!
MAY 27 – SEPTEMBER 10, 2017
“Doc McStuffins: The Exhibit”, in partnership with The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, is designed to model “care and compassion” for kids age 2-6 in immersive activities that reinforce the importance of health and well-being. Presented by Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health and sponsored locally by the Stanbridge University School of Nursing, “Doc McStuffins: The Exhibit” at Discovery Cube Orange County allows young “doctors-in- training” to visit the McStuffins Toy Hospital where they can perform check-ups and diagnose toy patients while learning about healthy habits, compassion and nurturing care. Before caring for their toys, young visitors will learn how to “scrub in” and practice good hygiene. The exhibit helps children learn the importance of healthy living, well-being and nurturing our bodies, and provides an opportunity for children to become comfortable in a healthcare setting.
- NURSERY – Hosted by Lambie. Participate in activities that encourage the use of empathy and nurturing behaviors. Lead your baby doll through a naptime routine – feed a bottle, sing a lullaby, or rock them in the chair. Give your baby a bath and change its diaper. Then for bedtime, tuck your baby into bed and adjust the nightlight.
- PET VET CLINIC – Hosted by Stuffy. Scan your pet using a pretend CAT scan machine. Hear Doc’s diagnosis and treatment for your pet. Give your pet a pretend bath then dry and comb its hair. Turn a crank to recharge your pet’s energy level. Change the “water” in the fish tank by filling it with new, clean balls. Feed the fish using balls as pretend fish food. Place your pet in its home so it can rest up.
- EMERGENCY ROOM AND OPERATING ROOM – Hosted by Hallie. Set your toy on the check-up table and perform an exam. Enter your patient’s diagnosis in the Big Book of Boo Boos, then email it digitally to yourself. Practice mending a ripped toy. Scrub in for an operation. Perform an operation. Inflate a toy that’s lost its air.
*Exhibit is included in general admission. Disney character live appearances are not part of the exhibit.
Above and Beyond Presented by BOEING
MAY 27 – SEPTEMBER 10, 2017
The traveling aerospace exhibition, Above and Beyond, is sponsored by Boeing in commemoration of Boeing’s 100th anniversary. It features immersive simulations, interactive design challenges, iconic historical touchstones, visionary concepts for the future, and inspiring stories from game-changing innovators, past and present. Design, test, and fly your own supersonic jet. Pilot a drone into the eye of a hurricane to measure nature’s fury. Spread your wings and experience flight as a bird or a futuristic wing-flapping aircraft. Or take an elevator ride to the edge of space! Watch the video clip for more!
*Exhibit is included in general admission.
Explore over 100 hands-on, interactive exhibits as you adventure throughout Discovery Cube. All of the exhibits teach science concepts using fun and engaging activities.
- MISSION CONTROL: Step inside a replica of the Jet Propulsion Lab’s control room for the ultimate hands-on space mission! Learn about the wonders of aerospace and the science behind launching rovers and satellites.
- HELICOPTER TOUR: Soar over Orange County in a virtual helicopter and fly from the mountains to the sea, over the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks. Learn about their collection of parks and wild lands that serve as a valuable resource to our community and the many rare and endangered species of plants and animals that call Orange County “home.”
- WATER GALLERY: With California experiencing one of the worst droughts in history, the Water Gallery and Water Lab presented by Pacific Life give families the opportunity to learn about one of life’s most precious resources: water.
- INSPECTOR TRAINING COURSE: Inspector Training Course presented by the Orange County Vector Control District takes everyone on a backyard adventure to find and eliminate invading vectors (mosquitoes, rodents, flies and ants) and vector-borne diseases!
- PETERSONVILLE HEALTHY KITCHEN: Visit the healthy kitchen for fun classes and demonstrations from a professional chef to learn tips and tricks of the trade.
- SCIENCE OF HOCKEY: Explore the fascinating science behind the world’s fastest sport through hands-on exhibits created in association with the Anaheim Ducks. Score a goal, ride on a Zamboni, and suit-up for a first-hand look at hockey with the Ducks.
- BOEING ROCKET LAB: Feel the heat and experience a rocket launch in the Blast-Off Zone or launch your own rockets in the Rocket Fuel Station. Boeing Rocket Lab is designed for kids (and kids at heart) who love all things space and want to learn about the science of space, rockets and engineering. (The Blast Off Zone is currently closed until further notice for refurbishment.)
- DISCOVERY THEATER: Educational short films are scheduled throughout the day, every day.
- PLANETARY RESEARCH STATION: View Earth on a suspended, animated globe. Explore weather patterns, observe historic storms and catastrophic earthquakes. It’s a view of Earth you’ve never seen before.
- TAKE THE ECO CHALLENGE: Discovery Cube and OC Waste and Recycling have partnered to bring an environmentally themed, eco-friendly exhibition to the Cube.
- DINO QUEST: Lead the life of a paleontologist as you dig for prehistoric bones and track dinosaurs on this epic outdoor quest.
One LET’S PLAY OC! reader will win this prize. Please enter below for a chance to win!
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All readers have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. I will attempt to contact the winner for 3 days. If the winner cannot be reached by email, a new winner will be selected the same way. There are several different ways to earn entries. One prize per household. The winner will receive, free of charge, the prize mentioned above. This prize is not available for exchanges. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment.