Both parks at Disneyland Resort, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, have made it hard to decide which park to celebrate the season because they are both decked out for the season! (In this post, I will only focus on Disney California Adventure, because there is a lot to cover.) This year Carthay Circle along Buena Vista Street features a 1920s-inspired holiday theme to emulate Los Angeles as it appeared when Walt Disney first moved to California. You will notice that surrounding buildings as well as the 50-foot Christmas Tree features vintage-style ornaments and decorations. For the first time, two Cars Land attractions have been transformed for the holidays – Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters is now Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree is now Mater’s Jingle Jamboree. You’ll be riding to the beat of new holiday tunes. Flik and his bug friends decorated too with oversized lights and ornaments in “a bug’s land”. FESTIVAL OF HOLIDAYS is back and no matter what culture or religion you are celebrating, Disney likes to bring them all together so you can make new memories your family can all enjoy. The festival is inspired by Christmas/Navidad, Hannukah, Diwali, Kwanza and Three Kings Day.
Festive Food Marketplace
If you are hungry, there are several kiosks throughout the park serving multicultural dishes so you can have your favorite holiday dishes or try new ones. The idea is like celebrating together like one big potluck. Tasting Passports are handy guides so be sure to pick one up. If you collect all 12 marketplace stamps, you’ll receive a souvenir “Stamp of Completion”.
- Chips , Breads & Holiday Spreads (Chicken Liver Pate on Toast, Chorizo Queso Fundido, Cranberry Pear Tart with rosemary-infused cream, White Chocolate-Dipped Lingonberry Speculoos Cookie)
- Making Spirits Bright (Mimosa Flights, White Wine Flights, Red Wine Flights, Chandon Sparkling Wine).
- Joy to the Sauce (Seared Salmon Filet, Beef Short Rib, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Holiday Eggnog Cocktail, Apple Lemonade [non-alcoholic])
- Spicy Celebrations (Nashville Hot Fried Turkey, Beef Corn Tamale, Spicy Peanut Brittle)
- Brews & Bites (Sliced Spicy Calabrese Salami with Crackers, Warm Bavarian Pretzel, Beer Flights)
- Holiday Duets (Macaroni & Cheese with Cornbread Crumbles, Warm Polenta with Chilled Crab Salad, Cookie Butter & Jelly Cheesecake, Holiday Mickey & Minnie Cookies, Pomegranate Mule, Fever-Tree Ginger Beer, [non-alcoholic], Warm Chocolate Float [non-alcoholic])
- Classic Crocks & Casseroles (Chana Masala, Green Bean & Mushroom Casserole, Milk Chocolate-Candy Cane Pot de Creme, Iced Green Mint Tea)
- Blissfully Braised (Braised Pork Belly Adobo with Garlic Fried Rice, Braised Lamb Cheeks, Fruit & Nut Rugelach, ACE Premium Craft Cider, Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co.)
- A Twist on Tradition (Reuben Potato Smash, Butternut Squash & Almond Pakora Fritters, Chocolate Yule Log with Candied Chestnuts & Clementine Compote, Horchata Fudge, Pumpkin-spiced Float Cocktail, Frosty Frose)
- Winter Sliderland (Holiday Ham Slider, Roasted Turkey Slider, Eggnog Macaron, Festive Beer Flight, White Hot Chocolate [non-alcoholic])
- Grandma’s Recipes (Grilled Chicken Sausage, Beef Brisket, Sweet Potato Pie, Molasses Gingerbread Cookie, Warm Bourbon Cider, Merry Cherry Pineapple Punch with Assorted Jellies [non-alcoholic])
- Festive Holiday Extras (Brussel Sprouts with Goat Cheese, Baked Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes, Pineapple Kesari with Golden Raisins, Ballast Point Brewing Company, Sherbet Holiday Punch [non-alcoholic])
Sip and Savor Pass (Annual Passholder Exclusive)
Each SIP AND SAVOR PASS entitles an Annual Passholder to eight food or non-alcoholic beverage items from any of the participating Marketplaces excluding specialty items. Good each day during DISNEY FESTIVAL OF HOLIDAYS (November 10, 2017 – January 7, 2018). The coupons can be redeemed all at once, spread out over visits or used over multiple festival visits. Passes are available for purchase at the Festival Merchandise Cart near Golden Vine Winery, Holiday Central near The Little Mermaid-Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, Seaside Souvenirs in Paradise Pier, and AP Corner in Sonoma Terrace. If you are looking for commemorate items like apparel, home items, logo items, and exclusive Annual Passholder merchandise, you can find them there as well.
Paradise Garden Grill
Burrito, Chicken Mole, Torta al Pastor, Street Style Tacos, Pozole, Bunuelos with Cajeta. KIDS: Cheese Quesadilla, Street Tacos, Smucker’s Uncrustables Sandwich.
- Disney Viva Navidad! with the Three Caballeros are hosting a fun street party at Paradise Gardens with authentic folkorico and samba dancers, live musicians, and of course, Mickey & Minnie in their fiesta best.
- Blue13 Dance Company is bringing their Bollywood party to Disney with traditional folk dances to celebrate Diwali.
- Sneak Peeks of Disney Pixar newest film “Coco” at Bug’s Life theater November 5 through January 7th.
- Holiday Sunset Concerts featuring performers like Phat Cat Swinger (Friday – Monday) and Mariachi Divas (Tuesday – Thursday) at Paradise Park.
- Phat Cat Swinger – West Coast’s “Little-Big Band” brings their swinging selection of holiday music.
- Grammy Award-winning Mariachi Divas brings their bilingual holiday tunes.
- Holiday Toy Drummers are marching to their own beat to spread holiday cheer.
- Mostly Kosher celebrates Hanukkah weaving together Klezmer, Latin, Jazz, Rock and Hip-Hop.
- Princess Elena of Avalor Musical Grand Arrival
- Santa’s Holiday Visit – Visits with Santa Claus are over at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail where you can play festive Elf Games and enjoy cookie decorating.
- The Sound celebrates Kwanzaa and Christmas with soulful and heartwarming vocal performances.
- “World of Color – Season of Light” will illuminate Paradise Bay in the evening with classic holiday songs and treasured Disney and Disney Pixar animated films.
- Table of Multi-cultural Holiday Arts and Crafts with face painting and cookie decorating.
Disney Max Pass
New Disney MaxPass makes it easier to share memories and reserve Disney FASTPASS (if they are available). You can ask a photographer to take as many pictures as you want with unlimited downloads. We always come away with some of the best pictures even in darkest lighting situations. They’re available now for an introductory price of $10 per day, per ticket. If you are getting it mainly to use the FASTPASS feature, it is strongly advised to check the day’s FASTPASS ticket availability and other Park details before purchasing. For more information, please visit Disneyland.com/MaxPass.
We love being at the park during this time of year, because not only the festive decorations are beautiful, it’s the most joyous time of the year! My children said they have some of the best memories here. My only tips are to wear comfortable shoes, download the app before you go because it has everything you need at your fingertips, and dress in layers because in Southern California it might be hot during the day but it will get cold in the evenings. Lockers are also available for a fee.
Disney California Adventure
1313 Disneyland Drive
Watch vidio clips on my YouTube Channel!