The Walt Disney Company and Dole Food Company have collaborated to encourage families to make healthier choices with Disney-branded fruits and vegetables. This summer Disney and Dole will debut healthy programs with Disney·Pixar’s CARS 3 theme and Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi later this year. They’re taking it on the road with a CARS 3 Road to Races nationwide tour with stops in 27 cities across the county. This week they are in San Diego, then they’re going to be at Downtown Disney in Anaheim next week before they go to Los Angeles! See the tour schedule below!
Anaheim, California Tour Stop is June 12-13 (10am-5pm) in Downtown Disney!
What is Disney Pixar’s Cars 3 Road to the Races nationwide tour?
It is a coast-to-coast celebration inviting fans of #95 to gear up for the upcoming big-screen release. Life-size, character look-alikes of five-time Piston-Cup champion Lightning McQueen, tech-savvy Cruz Ramirez and the sleek next-gen racer Jackson Storm are rolling into 27 cities coast to coast to celebrate the new movie, which opens June 16, 2017. For Tour details, go to www.cars3tour.com.
The event offers a variety of activities hosted by sponsors of CARS 3, some of which include tire-changing activities, creating digital postcards and a street art booth. Be sure to stop by Dole’s booth to recharge your batteries, sample high-octane fruit and vegetable smoothies, collect CARS 3 inspired recipes, photo ops with life-sized characters from the movie and more!
Upcoming Tour Dates:
- Phoenix, AZ — Desert Ridge Marketplace (Jun 3 – 4) Jun 3: 10am-5pm; Jun 4: 11am-4pm
- San Diego, CA — Belmont Park / Mission Beach (Jun 6 – 7) Jun 6: 10am-5pm; Jun 7: 11am-4pm
- Anaheim, CA — Downtown Disney (Jun 12 – 13) Jun 12/13: 10am-5pm
- Los Angeles, CA — Autry Museum, Griffith Park (Jun 14 – 18) Jun 14: 2-5pm; Jun 15/16: 1130am-5pm; Jun 17: 10am-4pm; Jun 18: 12-4pm
- San Jose, CA — Westfield Oakridge Mall (Jun 22 – 23) Jun 22: 10am-5pm; Jun 23: 11am-4pm
- Sonoma, CA — Sonoma Raceway (Jun 24 – 25) Jun 24: TBD; Jun 25: 9am-2pm
This project hopes to change daily eating habits, one meal at a time, to create a lasting impact for families in the U.S. and Canada. Here are three CARS 3 inspired recipes. You can find more at www.dole.com/Cars3.