This is a sponsored post written by Leyna Doan for Smart & Final.
Father’s Day is all about Dads and this Father’s Day I want to celebrate Dads by getting my husband in the kitchen with our daughter. You see, I remember cooking with my Dad when I was little. My Dad didn’t cook very often but when he did, he always had so much pride in it. His fish dish is still one of my favorite dishes, and I still cherish our memory together. Thankfully, he is still with us today, but miles away, and it got me thinking. My husband doesn’t cook much either, but our two-year old daughter loves being in the kitchen, and she loves spending time with her Daddy. So this Father’s Day, I want to create a fun bonding experience they can do together. They’re making super easy Daddy & Me Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Daddy and Me Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Recipe by Leyna’s Kitchen.
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup First Street All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup First Street Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup First Street Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Using an electronic or hand whisk, blend the sugar and butter together until the mixture is light, fluffy, and becomes creamy.
- Next add the vanilla extract and stir in flour, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a 4 oz ice scream scoop to portion the cookies onto a lined baking sheet. Press down each cookie with your thumb.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden.
- Optional: Serve with your favorite chocolate or caramel sauce.
This recipe makes about 12 cookies.
What a fun experience! The whole process took about 30 minutes from start to finish, and now she will always remember “Cookies with Daddy.” I made this recipe super easy for them to do together. They both love sweets, chocolate, and cookies. This can be a start of a new tradition. Instead of gifts for Father’s Day, I’ll help them spend quality time together in the kitchen. My husband doesn’t love to cook like I do, but he loved being in the kitchen with her.
Thank you, Smart & Final, for sponsoring this post! This year marks their 145th year serving communities for more than 100 years. They have been around for generations helping families make memories together just like this one. To find a location near you, please visit their website at www.SmartandFinal.com.
Happy Father’s Day! – Leyna