If you’re wondering what kind of dining options are available at Great Wolf Lodge (GWL) Southern California, I’ve got the 411! Years ago, Great Wolf Lodge didn’t know much about food so they used to serve frozen burgers and fried food, but you’ll be happy to know they have come a long way from that, because GWL understands that about 25% of their hotel guests have food allergies, and it is important to them to use quality fresh locally-grown organic produce.
For example, we tasted a few items during a special media preview presentation like a garden salad, mushroom risotto, and a gazpacho (cold vegetable soup). The dishes were so fresh and delicious. The risotto is also available dairy-free. GWL used produce sourced within 50 miles of the property. Here’s an example of where they’re all from:
- Avocado – Riverside
- Carrots – Temecula
- Citrus – Riverside
- Cucumbers – San Marcus
- Lettuce – Temecula
- Mushrooms – San Marcus
- Tomatoes – Santa Ana
- Bear Paw Sweets & Eats (Lower Level next to Ten Paw Alley and across from the Great Wolf Kids Store): Opens daily 11am-11pm. Variety of treats such as fresh-baked pastries, ice cream, lodge-made fudge and more.
- Buckets Incredible Craveables (Indoor Pool Area): Opens daily 11am-8pm. Casual menu offering burgers, hot dogs, French fries, cold beverages, ice cream and more.
- Dunkin’ Donuts (Lobby Level near the elevators): Opens daily at 6am-10pm. All-day stop for coffee and baked goods right inside the resort.
- Grizzly Jack’s Bar and Grill (Outdoor Pool Area): Opens daily 11am-9pm. Variety of food and drinks to choose from and refuel for more fun in the sun.
- Hungry as a Wolf Pizza (Lower Level next to Northern Lights Arcade and Scoooops Kid Spa): Opens daily 11am-11pm. Family meals on the go for lunch and dinner featuring fresh made pizza, sandwiches, salads and pasta.
- Lodge Wood Fired Grill (Lobby Level): Opens 11am-11pm. Full service a la carte restaurant open for lunch and dinner with shareables and signature items.
- Loose Moose Family Kitchen (Lobby Level): Open for breakfast (7am-11am) and dinner (5pm-10pm), this buffet style restaurant has options for the entire family.
Suggestions for Great Wolf Lodge
“The dining options at Great Wolf Lodge were mostly good but could improve. I was happy to see that there were some gluten-free options such as gluten-free hamburger buns and gluten-free pizza. However, we found it very difficult to find gluten-free breakfast items aside from what was provided in the buffet. I can only speak about our experiences looking for gluten-free options. I can’t say if there are any other allergen friendly options. Another option that we found lacking was the availability of a breakfast menu for in-room dining. For practical reasons, it makes more sense to have breakfast available instead of lunch/dinner for in-room dining since families spend most of their day at the water park.” – Lucy
Great Wolf Lodge Southern California