Sanrio Hello Kitty fans rejoice! The much anticipated Hello Kitty Grand Cafe at the Irvine Spectrum Center will open on Friday, September 14, 2018! They’re offering all the Hello Kitty Cafe favorites with a new Afternoon Tea and Cocktail Service! This will be the first of its kind in the USA featuring dual experiences (a fast casual cafe setting as well as a private reservation-only afternoon tea and cocktail service). I know I’m excited for both as my friends and I are always looking for unique experiences to celebrate special occasions. Plus Hello Kitty is loved by all ages.
Adding to the popular Hello Kitty Cafe menu offerings, exclusive new menu items include made-to-order mini hot donuts (cinnamon sugar; matcha; cookies n’ cream, $6 per cup) and a pick-your-own 4pc set of Sanrio character mini cakes ($15). In addition to the new food items, a gold bow handle mug ($25) and pink and rose colorway gold sequined Chubby Bunny bow ($30) also make their debut at the Hello Kitty Grand Cafe. The unique, cute-sophisticated space features classic white walls adorning kawaii Hello Kitty icons and one-of-a-kind artworks created for this location.
The Bow Room
The Bow Room at Hello Kitty Grand Cafe will offer two exclusive, reservation-only experiences – an afternoon tea by day and cocktail services by night.
Afternoon Tea Service ($55 per person; by reservation only) are available Wednesdays through Sundays. It will include a delicious assortment of fresh seasonal fruit, savory tea sandwiches (Cucumber, dill cream cheese, milk bread; Creamy egg salad, chives, paprika, savory cone; or Smoked salmon, dill cream cheese, pretzel croissant; Mozzarella, vine tomatoes, pesto, tart shell); alongside a selection of sweets including Buttermilk Scone, Mini cupcake, Hello Kitty Mini Cake, Raspberry Macaron, and Chocolate Chocolate Cake); in addition to accouterments such as honey, strawberry jam, whipped butter, and Hello Kitty shaped sugars. An extensive tea selection including a wide array of black, green, oolong, a special Birthday Tea blend, and caffeine-free tea offerings accompany the service.
In the evening, The Bow Room at Hello Kitty Grand Cafe becomes a cocktail bar for guests aged 21 and up from 5:00 p.m. nightly (Wednesdays – Sundays; by reservation only). Cocktail Service will include an assortment of adult libations with a Hello Kitty twist including You Had Me at Hello (Cachaca, aperol, lemon, sherry and pineapple, $21); Matcha Matcha (Japanese whiskey, yogurt, matcha, yuzu, $15); Dear Daniel (Mezcal, pineapple, lime, spirulina, salted coconut whip, $16); and 1974 ( choice of an Old Fashion or Classic Negroni served with a signature Hello Kitty ice cube, $14). The Bow Room at Hello Kitty Grand Cafe will also offer a curated wine list ($10 – $63) including sparkling wine, champagne, pinot grigio, pinot noir, sauvignon blanc and rosè by the glass or bottle, in addition to select by-the-bottle offerings ($35 – $87) including the Hello Kitty Sparking Rosè, Hello Kitty Pinot Grigio, Hello Kitty Prosecco, and Piper Heidsieck Cuvee Brut.
Fans can stay up-to-date on grand opening festivities and events at the Hello Kitty Grand Cafe, as well as with Hello Kitty Cafe Truck appearances, by following the Hello Kitty Cafe and Hello Kitty Cafe Truck on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Hello Kitty Grand Cafe
Irvine Spectrum Center
670 Spectrum Center Dr #860
Hours of Operation:
- 11am-9pm (Monday – Thursday)
- 11am-10:30pm (Friday)
- 10am-10:30pm (Saturday)
- 10am-9pm (Sunday)
- The Bow Room Hours (Wednesday-Sunday only; by reservation only)
Afternoon Tea Service
- 11am – 4pm (Wednesday-Friday)
- 10am – 4pm (Saturday and Sunday)
Cocktail Service (Reservations only; 21 and up)
- 5pm – 9pm (Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday)
- 5pm – 11pm (Friday, Saturday)
Reservations are available at: reservations.hellokittycafe.com
“Hello Kitty Cafe is an integral extension of the Hello Kitty brand as we continue to evolve and diversify our consumer touchpoints,” said Craig Takiguchi, COO of Sanrio, Inc. “As the first brick-and-mortar cafe concept of its kind in the U.S., Hello Kitty Grand Cafe combines our signature fast-causal setting with an all-new immersive dining experience through our Afternoon Tea Service for guests of all ages and Cocktail Service that caters to our adult fans. We look forward to debuting the latest evolution of Hello Kitty Cafe as a new destination in Southern California.”
“We’re very excited to welcome the first brick and mortar Hello Kitty Cafe in the U.S. at Irvine Spectrum Center,” said Katie Dixon, Director of Marketing at Irvine Spectrum Center. “This is another example of how we provide our customers with a unique opportunity with an iconic brand they can’t experience anywhere else.”
Within the Hello Kitty Cafe brand, there are currently four concepts for Hello Kitty food/beverage service in the U.S. market. In addition to Hello Kitty Grand Cafe, additional concepts include:
- The Hello Kitty Cafe Truck is a supercute sweets dispensary on wheels. There are two Hello Kitty Cafe Trucks that travel across the U.S. – one on the East Coast, one on the West Coast. The adorable pink trucks offer guests a limited selection of sweet treats, as well as a bow-shaped water bottle, t-shirts, mugs, and signature bow-shaped headbands. The Hello Kitty Cafe Truck has been on the road since 2014.
- The Hello Kitty Cafe Pop-Up Container and Hello Kitty Mini Cafe are both limited engagement concepts, set within a mall or lifestyle center. The menu at each includes seasonal sweets, flavored iced teas and coffee drinks; providing guests with delicious treats in a fast-casual setting. The Hello Kitty Cafe Pop-Up Container is housed within a pink metal shipping container with an adorable pop out patio scattered with bistro tables. The Hello Kitty Cafe Pop-Up Container opened at Irvine Spectrum Center (Irvine, CA) in 2016, and was recently re-located to Fashion Valley mall in San Diego, CA in Spring 2018.
- The Hello Kitty Mini Cafe made its debut at Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, in late 2017, as a stand- alone kiosk; a second location opened in June 2018 at Santana Row in San Jose, CA – considered to be the Silicon Valley’s premiere destination for shopping, dining, living and more.