Looking for free summer entertainment for the children? Take the children to enjoy a variety of free activities and entertainment at the annual Kaleido Kids events held at Kaleidoscope in Mission Viejo! The fun events are every Tuesday from 11:30am – 12:30pm, June 18 through July 23, 2019. Note: As they do every year, the final event of the summer, Kaleido Kids Carnival, is a fundraising event to benefit Make-A-Wish Orange County and Inland Empire. The Carnival has raised nearly $56,000 for the non-profit over the last seven years. This event takes place on Tuesday, July 30 from 11am to 2:30pm. Tickets are $10 per person, with all games and activities included. Get more details below!
Kaleido Kids Event Dates:
The Kaleido Kids events are 11:30am – 12:30pm with the following schedule:
- June 18: Toy Story, including a meet and greet, sing along and photos with costumed characters, themed crafts, and refreshments.
- June 25: Unicorn Painting Party, where kids can paint a picture of a unicorn with special instructions by a local artist, take photos with a magical unicorn, and enjoy music and snacks.
- July 2: Cooking with Kids, where youngsters will follow simple instructions to create then enjoy a kid-friendly healthy snack and dessert. Kids will receive paper chef hats and instructions to take home to recreate the treats.
- July 9: Percussion Play Along, where kids will enjoy an interactive musical experience, playing along to African and international rhythms using over 20 exotic djembe drums and percussion instruments, with a themed costumed character and snacks.
- July 16: Lego Playtime. Let their imagination soar by building with a variety of Lego blocks, along with music and snacks.
- July 23: Hula Hoop Dance Party, with an expert leading the kids in Hula Hoop tricks, dancing along to music, and enjoying kid-friendly snacks.
Kaleido Kids Carnival to Benefit Make-A-Wish
On Tuesday, July 30 at 11am, the Kaleido Kids Carnival will return with games, activities, balloon art, face painting, costumed characters, photo opportunities, a DJ, and refreshments. A benefit for Make-A-Wish® Orange County and the Inland Empire, Carnival tickets are $10 per person (all inclusive) and must be purchased through www.Kaleidokidscarnival.eventbrite.com. Guests who bring a new backpack or new toy (no guns please) to donate to Make-A-Wish will receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win one Kaleidoscope family gift basket. Raffle tickets for the prize will also be sold for $1 each.
Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays
Also on Tuesdays, restaurants inside Union Market Mission Viejo at Kaleidoscope host Kids Eat Free, with a child receiving a free beverage or kids meal with the purchase of a regular (adult) beverage or entrée. Scent Avenue inside Union Market Mission Viejo also offers 20% off on Tuesdays.
Summer Movie Express
Adding to the summer fun is the Edwards Kaleidoscope Stadium 10 Summer Movie Express at 10am on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from June 18 to August 14, when popular family movies rated G or PG are shown for only $1 admission per person. See the full schedule here.
Summer Movie Nights inside Union Market Mission Viejo
Kaleidoscope is also hosting Summer Movie Nights on four Wednesdays in July, when free family-friendly movies will be shown inside Union Market Mission Viejo’s event space. The free Summer Movie Nights will begin July 10 with Toy Story and run through Wednesday, July 31, with the event begins at 7pm and the movie will begin at 7:30pm. Bring your own blanket, bean bag or low beach chair to enjoy the free movie and popcorn!
Kaleidoscope is located at 27741 Crown Valley Parkway, just off the 5 Fwy., in Mission Viejo, California. For more information please call 949.542.4407 or visit www.gokaleidoscope.com.