The much anticipated LEGOLAND Castle Hotel in Carlsbad, California is weeks away from opening, and we cannot wait! Scheduled to open on April 27, 2018, we joined media day on a hard hat tour to get first looks. It is hard to imagine so I’ve included renderings below. We explored areas like the Grand Hall, Dragon’s Den Restaurant, Royal Courtyard, and we even looked inside some of the rooms. Much like the LEGOLAND Hotel next door, it will be fully themed with separate living quarters for the children with bunkbeds, and super close walking distance to the amusement park. The new hotel will feature 250 deluxe rooms with three themes – Knights and Dragons, Royal Princess and Magic Wizard. All the rooms will have special LEGO models. If you have both a boy and a girl, how will you decide? Look for a slide in the Grand Hall which connects the lobby to the first floor, because using stairs are so yesterday. Themed hotels are the best!
While in the Grand Hall, Idris and Ronchetti provided an overview of the Hotel, described key features and discussed the economic impact created by the 200 new job openings for LEGOLAND Castle Hotel.
- A large LEGO Wizard model will greet guests as they enter the Grand Hall,
- A slide connects the lobby to the first floor, and
- A knock knock door is created to entertain guests.
Dragon’s Den Restaurant
Inside Dragon’s Den, the head chef shared insight to the dining options available at LEGOLAND California Resort’s only full-service sit down restaurant. Designed for high volume, it will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Here are some things to look for –
- Open kitchen for guests to watch chefs preparing their food,
- LEGO models,
- Entertainers, a self-playing piano, chairs that talk to you and some game tops,
- Breakfast will be included with each guest’s stay and includes made-to-order items along with a buffet. Lunch and dinner will be reservation based.
- 420 seat full service. 1,000 guests capacity.
- Will feature steaks, seafood, and pasta. All the meat will be aged for 28 days, some of the pastas are made in-house, seafood comes from Santa Monica Seafood. They will be looking for locally-sourced food that’s fresh.
- Pool bar and grill will feature signature smoothies and adult smoothies.
“The Royal Courtyard outside is designed to immerse children in a fairy tale of their own creation with a DUPLO play area for the younger kids, larger play structures for the older kids, giant movie screen for nighttime movies, a stage for live plays and shows, a gradual incline pool and hot tub. The pool bar and grill will offer smoothies, sandwiches and salads prepared fresh to order.”
- Outdoor Seating
- Entertainment Area
- DUPLO Tot Area
- Knights Training Ground Play Area
- Knights Fortress Play Area
Themed Guest Rooms!
The new hotel will feature 250 deluxe rooms with three themes – Knights and Dragons, Royal Princess and Magic Wizard. A Resort Master Model Builder showed us a Wizard Room and gave us a sneak peek of a few of the 2,100 LEGO models made out of more than three million LEGO bricks that will be featured inside the rooms and throughout the Hotel. Each suite has bunkbeds. You can view the different rooms below!
Knights and Dragons Deluxe Room at LEGOLAND Castle Hotel
Royal Princess Deluxe Room at LEGOLAND Castle Hotel
Magic Wizard Deluxe Room at LEGOLAND Castle Hotel
LEGOLAND CASTLE HOTEL
Opens April 27, 2018!
Legoland California Resort
One LEGOLAND Drive
LEGOLAND California Resort is now accepting reservations for the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel. For more information on booking hotel reservations, please visit their website. To discover job opportunities for LEGOLAND Castle Hotel, please visit: www.LEGOLAND.com/jobs.