Learn and sip award-winning wines from around the globe at the 1st Annual OCWineFest! Explore the exciting world of wine (along with local artisan brews), in a relaxing environment that allows you find what you like. Featuring producers from Israel, Croatia, Greece, France, as well as locals in Orange County and Los Angeles. This year’s charitable partner benefits Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Attendees get a glass to keep which means unlimited wine and beer sampling. (For those new to wine tasting, these are tasting-sized pours so you get to try a lot of different wines safely.) The OCWineFest is produced by the same team that has produced the LAWineFest which just completed its 12th successful year.
This year they are collaborating with A Stone’s Throw Winery in presenting the OCWineFest in San Juan Capistrano. A Stone’s Throw Winery was originally founded in 2002 out of Trabuco Canyon and operated as a small boutique winery called Hamilton Oaks Vineyard and Winery Inc. In 2012, the winery opened a second tasting room as Hamilton Oaks San Juan in the historic Swanner House in San Juan Capistrano, on the 3-acre property. With dozens of wineries, craft breweries, lifestyle exhibitors, gourmet food trucks, live music and more, the OCWineFest will offer a unique day of exploration among the orange groves of A Stone’s Throw Winery.
(Requires a separate entry ticket – visit ticket site for more details):
Saturday, March 10th –
1:30 – TBA
2:30 – Michael Pavidis – Old World Vines: An Introduction to the Wines of Greece
3:30 – Joy Ciolino – Schlossadler International: An Introduction to the Wines of Croatia
Sunday, March 11th –
1:30 – Victor Schoenfeld, Golan Heights Winery/Yarden – “Getting High: Exploring the Terroir of the Golan Heights”
2:30 – Maurice Wedell of Wedell Cellars –
3:30 – Bill Wilson, Wilson Creek Winery: The Making of a Brand – Almond Champagne
About This Year’s Charitable Beneficiary:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the world’s largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. Our mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and is the leading source of free blood cancer education and support services for patients, survivors, families, caregivers and healthcare professionals. We are saving lives not someday, but today.
2018 OC Wine Fest
Saturday – March 10, 2018, 1-5pm
Sunday – March 11, 2018, 1-5pm
A STONES THROW WINERY
29943 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, California
Get 30% OFF! Use this special code – WINETIME.
- GENERAL ADMISSION includes entry to the Fest, a commemorative glass to keep, unlimited* wine and craft brew tastings, water, coffee, and the overall Fest experience. $70 + service fee
- ALL ACCESS provides all that GA does, PLUS tasting wines from approximately a dozen gem Boutique Wineries, which are defined as producing less than 2,000 cases of wine each year. As a result, only 400 All Access tickets are available per day. $100 + service fee
- DESIGNATED DRIVER tickets include all that GA does, MINUS the commemorative glass and alcoholic tastings. $20 + service fee (Important note below!)
- CLASSES (GA+$20 +service fee)
- GROUP SALES (over 10): Please email [email protected] for discount information.
- No one under 21 will be admitted per ABC rules. That even applies to infants in carriers.
- Sorry, no pets (except credentialed service dogs).
- NO TICKET REFUNDS. Tickets are transferable prior to the Fest with advanced planning. Contact us.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed out of the Fest area. All commemorative glasses must be empty. No bottles are allowed to be sold/carried out of the event. Wineries at the event only are permitted ONLINE SALES with delivery.
- *Bartender rules apply, which means wineries may decline to serve a guest at their discretion. Disorderly guests WILL be escorted off the Fest premises by security.
- Guests with designated driver wristbands caught drinking will also be escorted off the Fest premises by security.
PARKING INFORMATION: Carpooling is encouraged with a designated driver and/or use a ride service such as Lyft or Uber. Parking lots will be available at $5.00 per car at the following addresses (with shuttle service to the OCWineFest entrance).
- Saddleback Valley Christian School – 26333 Oso Rd, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675. All day Parking $5
- JSerra Catholic HS – 26351 Junipero Serra Rd, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 All day Parking $5
One LET’S PLAY OC! reader will win 2 general admission tickets to this event!
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All readers have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. I will attempt to contact the winner for 3 days. If the winner cannot be reached by email, a new winner will be selected the same way. There are several different ways to earn entries. One prize per household. The winner will receive, free of charge, the prize mentioned above. This prize has no cash value and is not available for exchanges. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment.