We’re so lucky there are lots of fun pumpkin patches around Orange County to enjoy this time of year. I want to add another to that list – Pumpkin City’s Pumpkin Farm at Laguna Hills Mall. They started out as a pick-up load of pumpkins in 1978 and has grown to what it is today – a destination to celebrate the season! There are several rides for children, a petting zoo, pony rides, game booths, lots of photo ops, pumpkins and more! Admission is free as well as parking, and, on the weekends, there is a puppet show. The area is enclosed with one entrance and one exit. We were there mostly during the day with an abundance of natural lighting, but in the evening, it is also well lit and lively. We were also invited to experience their Fundraiser Wristband Passes which included unlimited rides and petting zoo on select school fundraiser nights. More on this below!
Pumpkin City’s Pumpkin Farm has a unique fundraising opportunity. Wristband Fundraiser is only available at the Laguna Hills Location. This promotion is for a limited time only and on a first come first serve basis to local schools.
- When you sell the Wristbands for $17, you pay Pumpkin City $12 and you make $5 for your school! For example, if your school sells 200 wristbands, your school will earn $1,000!
- The wristbands allow unlimited rides on all carnival rides including the petting zoo, but will exclude pony rides, game booths, activities, and coin operated rides on your assigned school night.
- It runs from October 2nd through October 26th, Monday through Thursday from 3:30 – 8:30 pm. (excludes Friday, Saturday & Sundays).
Now that I’m more active in our school PTA, I’m tuning in when they say fundraisers because it will help fund many of the programs at our school. I think the wristbands are a bargain. If you look at the price menu below, you will see that each ride requires about 3-4 tickets at $1.25 each. When you compare it to the wristband at $17 or buying a la carte, it equates to about 13 tickets and about 3-4 rides. There are 9 rides there. It can easily add up when you buy the tickets separately and what about when the children want to ride the same ride over and over or keep bouncing. For more information about this program, please contact their Fundraiser Coordinator. I will bring it up at our next PTA meeting but if this year is too late, I hope they will do them next year. It’s such a good deal and an easy way to make money for our school!
PUMPKIN CITY’S PUMPKIN FARM
Laguna Hills Mall (next to JCPenney)24203 Avenida de la CarlotaLaguna Hills, California(949) 586-5862www.pumpkincity.com
- NO ADMISSION FEE
- FREE PARKING
- RIDES: Boat Ride• Bounce House• Car Ride• Goliath Slide• Swing Ride• Tractor Town USA• Train Express• Tubs of Fun• Wipe Out Obstacle Challenge
- ATTRACTIONS: Barnyard Animals • Decorative Harvest Items• General Store• Geode Discovery• Lucky Luke’s Gem Stones• Petting Zoo• Players & Puppets Little Theater• Pony Rides• Rocky Mountain Mining Company “Panning for Gold”