If you love Mediterranean food without the long wait, Yalla Medi in Seal Beach has build-your-own pita wraps, skewers, salads, and a selection of fresh Mediterranean side dishes and sauces. Here’s a Yalla Plate that I sampled with two different proteins: house-made Falafel and Steak Skewers. It comes with Basmati rice, mixed greens, and three sides.
If you prefer a healthy salad, you can select from Power Greens with kale, balsamic apricots, toasted almonds, feta cheese, and lemon vinaigrette OR Fattoush with romaine, cabbage, radish, tomato, cucumber, garbanzo beans, olives, red onion, pita chips, and vinaigrette. I ordered my Power Greens with Salmon.
How to Order:
Here’s how to order at YALLA MEDI. First, select a style: Do you want a wrap, salad, or plate? Then pick your favorite protein and sides.
- Falafel (house-made, GMO-free, chickpea fritters),
- Chicken Skewers (all natural chicken breast, fresh herbs & spices),
- Chicken Shawarma (slow roasted with Lebanese spices),
- Steak Skewers (hormone free, Harissa marinated tri-tip),
- Shalafel (half chicken shawarma and half Falafel) ,
- Salmon Skewers (wild caught, fresh herbs and spices), OR
- Kefta Skewers (Turkish spiced ground lamb & beef).
- Greek Potato Salad (Yukon Gold Potatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, scallions),
- Turkish Slaw (red cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, honey, olive oil),
- Moroccan Carrot Salad (shaved carrots, cumin, dill, olive oil, golden raisins, honey, Greek vinaigrette),
- Hummus (GMO free chickpeas, Tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil),
- Baba Ganoush (eggplant, parsley, lemon, garlic, Tahini, olive oil), OR
- Other seasonal sides.
I thought the food was great, but a bit spicy for my kids. I also like that you can customize your order and if you can’t finish, it’s already in an eco-friendly to-go container so all you need to do is to grab a lid. The ordering process can be a little overwhelming for the first time and the line moves fast so you’ll want to familiarize yourself beforehand. Right now the closest one to us is in Seal Beach but we’re going to start seeing more restaurants converting to this new concept throughout the year. For more information about the menu, please visit their website. Want to try it for yourself for free? One lucky reader will win a Family Style Meal below!
Seal Beach – NOW OPEN
12420 Seal Beach Blvd
Seal Beach, CA
Hours: Everyday 11am – 9pm