Post written in collaboration with Seaworld. All opinions are our own.
Whether you are a local or visiting from out of town, this is the best time of year in Southern California to spend with family and friends. There really is a lot to do here. The hardest part is deciding what to do and scheduling, but the most important thing to remember is you will have fun no matter what. Each attraction is unique in their own way, and they have much to offer. This year we kicked off this holiday season at Christmas at SeaWorld San Diego. They have a new Sesame Street themed Christmas Village, a new ice skating show, a new cirque show as well as a new 140-foot walkthrough Tunnel of Lights. There are nightly tree lightings. Some of their seasonal shows are back like Clyde & Seamore’s Christmas Special and Dolphin Island Christmas. Merry Manta takes you on a thrilling sleigh ride. Rudolph and his friends are in Rudolph’s Christmastown and more! Be sure to arrive early so you can see them all, and dress appropriately to stay all day. Christmas at SeaWorld San Diego is happening daily from Nov. 23, 2019, through Jan. 5, 2020.
- NEW Cirque Christmas: See the classic Nutcracker come to life in a new way with incredible displays featuring acrobats from San Diego Circus Center and NexGen of Cirque Du Soleil®. They are performing in the Mission Bay Theater.
- NEW Winter Wonderland on Ice: Nautilus Amphitheater will transform into a magical ice skating show. Enjoy cheerful Christmas songs in a moving display of motion and grace. The beauty of Christmas comes to life with original songs, exciting holiday numbers and beautiful choreography in Winter Wonderland on Ice.
- NEW Sesame Street Christmas Village: Treetops glisten with twinkling lights, snow falls and children can dance with their favorite furry friends. Families can enjoy Sesame Street story time with Mrs. Claus and share their wish list with Santa.
- Santa Claus Photo Package: Meet and Greet with Santa. Souvenir photo packages available. Santa’s Cottage is located in the Sesame Street Christmas Village.
- Merry Manta: Experience Manta with a special holiday twist.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony with Rudolph and Friends: Located in Rudolph’s Christmastown, Rudolph and his friends light up their dazzling Christmas tree 5 p.m. each night. The 40-foot tree full of beautiful, festive lights dances the night away to everyone’s favorite Christmas tunes.
- Clyde and Seamore’s Christmas Special: Clyde, Seamore, and their mischievous co-host, OP Otter, are together again to create a family favorite show filled with laugh-out-loud holiday cheer.
- Dolphin Island Christmas: Dolphins and pilot whales bring their playful island spirit to the Christmas season in a special tropical holiday performance during the day.
My family and I had a great experience at SeaWorld. We thought the new ice skating show was delightful and a great addition to the holiday line-up. Cirque added a new modern twist to a classic. Arrive early to find seats for both, and download the app if you want to go paperless. The weather was a bit unpredictable, but we were glad we wore layers. It was really warm for dolphin show, because we sat in direct sunlight, but it coooled off later in the day and got really cold when we were watching the ice skating show. I was running out of steam by the end of the day, but my kids somehow had bursts of energy left to run through Sesame Street Bay of Play. we hope you and your family enjoy your day. For more information, please visit their website.
Christmas at SeaWorld San Diego
500 Sea World Drive
San Diego, CA