Warning: preg_replace(): Unknown modifier 'a' in /home/letsplayoc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.photon.php on line 510
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, the worldwide smash hit Broadway musical, is coming to the OC! Produced by NETworks Presentations, this theatrical production will come to life on stage at Segerstrom Center for the Arts – Segerstrom Hall from January 14 – 19, 2014, and they’re bringing back the original design team!
“The theme of Beauty is about seeing past the exterior into the heart of someone, and this is reflected in the design for the show, which is about transparency and layers, seeing past one thing and into another.” – Director Rob Roth
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast features the animated film’s Academy Award®-winning score with music by Alan Menken and lyrics by the late Howard Ashman, with additional songs with music by Alan Menken and lyrics by Tim Rice. The book is written by Linda Woolverton.
The original creators of the Broadway production are together again for this new touring production. The play is:
- directed by Rob Roth,
- choreographed by Matt West,
- costume design by Ann Hould-Ward (Tony® Award winner for her work on Disney’s Beauty and the Beast),
- lighting design by Natasha Katz,
- scenic design by Stanley A. Meyer,
- sound design by John Petrafesa Jr. and
- music supervision by Michael Kosarin.
Director Rob Roth states, “It has been wonderful to bring the entire original design team back together to work on this new production of Beauty and the Beast. As a director, it is rare to have the opportunity to revisit your work 15 years later. Hopefully I’ve grown and developed as an artist, along with my collaborators, and we can bring 15 years of experience to this new production. We have remained very close as a team over the years of producing the show around the world, and it has been so much fun getting together to re-explore and re-invent the show for this new NETworks tour.”
- The Disney’s Beauty and the Beast musical ran more than 13 years on Broadway.
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is the 8th longest running musical in Broadway history.
- The musical score of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast contains 6 songs from the Academy Awards nominated feature film, one song cut from the film was restored for the musical, and includes 6 original songs written for the musical.
- There is a hidden “Mickey” in the tavern set drop… see if you can spot it!
- The production uses 580 costume pieces including some from the original Broadway costumes.
- There are 67 LED lights on the magic mirror.
- There are 36 mugs in Gaston’s tavern.
- The plate rail in Be our Guest weighs almost 1 ton!
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast has become an international sensation that has played to more than 35
million people worldwide in 21 countries. For additional information, please visit
DISNEY’S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
January 14 – 19, 2014
Segerstrom Center for the Arts – Segerstrom Hall
600 Town Center Drive
Costa Mesa, CA
- Tuesday – Friday at 7:30 pm
- Saturday at 2:00 pm* and 7:30 pm
- Sunday at 1:00 pm and 6:30 pm
*The 2 pm performance on Saturday, January 18 will include audio description, open captioning and sign-language interpretation.
Single tickets, which start at $29, are now available online at SCFTA.org, at the Box Office at 600 Town Center Drive in Costa Mesa or by calling (714) 556-2787. For inquiries about group ticket savings for 10 or more, call the Group Services office at (714) 755-0236. The TTY number is (714) 556-2746.