SKIN LAUNDRY at Fashion Island is a 10-minute laser facial. Yes, 10 minutes! I think it’s perfect if you’re always on the go. WHAT IS IT EXACTLY? Skin Laundry uses a special laser and light technique that vaporizes the bacteria and makeup hidden deep inside your pores and is designed to tighten and tone your skin. Here’s a look inside their facility.
When I checked in, I really didn’t know what to expect as this is my first time getting a laser facial. If it’s your first time, you’ll want to come a little early to fill out a short questionnaire about your health. A staff member help me fill it out on their iPad. Then she handed me some make-up remover cloths. Here’s a look inside their treatment room. Can I just say that those leather chairs are some of the most comfortable chairs I’ve ever sat in?
A physician shortly arrived, put some goggles on me, and went to work on my skin. She was very helpful by the way. She talked me through it beforehand, and I have to tell you that if you’ve never had anything like this done before, you might feel a tingling sensation. If you’ve had peels lately or scarring, she’ll want to know. We took short breaks, but I think the faster we go, the better? She also informed me that the burning smell is from the laser vaporizing my makeup and bacteria and that it’s safe. She then put on a soothing gel, and, before I knew it, it was over. I was told in order to see real results, I’ll want to come back. I have gone back a second time, and it was a lot more bearable.
10-Minute Laser Facials at Skin Laundry:
- It’s FDA-Approved.
- It can remove sun damaged and aging spots.
- It can dramatically reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
- It can tighten and firm sagging skin for a youthful appearance.
- It can whiten and brighten your complexion.
- It can even out skin tones and improve scaring and blemishes.
Is It Safe?
“As with any type of laser/Intense pulse light (IPL) therapy, the procedure is safe when delivered responsibly. The healthcare providers who operate the machines at the Skin Laundry have years of experience with laser and light treatments, and are highly trained in the Skin Rejuvenation procedure.”
New Skincare Product Line:
I was especially excited to sample their new skincare line. It’s a 4-Step which includes a Deep Cleanse Foaming Facial Wash (my favorite), a Toner, an SPF 35, and a Night Cream. Prices range from $14.95 for moisturizer to $29.95 for night renewal cream with members receiving a $10 discount with purchase of the complete set.
10-Minute Facials are $75.
Packages and memberships also available.
Skin Laundry is now offering the following deals for both men and women:
- HOLIDAY GLOW: Get 1 free Skin Laundry product with any treatment purchase over $150 this holiday season. This special runs from November 1st thru Dec 31, 2013.
- 30-3-30 HOLIDAY STEAL: Get 30% DISCOUNT off the 3-pack Skin Laundry membership to be used within the 30 days of purchase (the chance to purchase expires on December 31, 2013) to ensure you are glowing for the holiday season.
- REFERRAL PROGRAM: “Share the love” by bringing in a friend! You will both receive a complimentary SL signature laser facial, and when your friend purchases a 12-pack or above, earn an extra session!