This is a sponsored post.
This past weekend we visited GOOD & WELL EXPO hosted by Smart & Final Extra! in Laguna Niguel, California. They had about 15 vendor booths, cooking demos with Celebrity Chef Jamie Gwen, product samples of the healthy brands they carry, and discount coupons good through Memorial Day weekend. It was a great way to learn about the product lines, and to taste them all.
Many of them I did not know they sell. I really enjoyed watching the cooking demonstrations because Chef Jamie kept it simple and she’s fun to watch. Right after, they passed out samples and she gave out copies of her recipes. (I will share them below). Here is a sample list of some of the things you may find…
- Annie’s Homegrown Mac & Cheese, Pasta, and Cheddar Crackers
- Foster Farms Organic Chicken
- Sun Harvest is Smart & Final’s brand of natural and organic products. They have coconut water!
- Melissa’s Produce Fresh and Dried Organics
- Noosa Finest Yoghurt, All Natural, Gluten Free, Probiotic, whole milk from happy cows never treated with rBGH, touch of honey
- Oroweat Organic Quinoa & Wheat, 22 Grains & Seeds, and 100% Whole Grain
- Health-Ad Kombucha bubbly probiotic tea
- CLIF Bars made with organic rolled oats
- Bakery on Main Cranberry Maple, Extreme Nut & Fruit or Triple Berry, and Gluten Free Granola
- Horizon Organic Aseptic, Chocolate, and Vanilla Low-Fat Milk
- Good Pop all natural frozen pops
- Villager Goods Natural Coconut Water – Original or Pineapple
- Nature’s Bakery Stone Ground Whole Wheat Fig Bar, Gluten Free Fig Bars, Double Chocolate Brownie Fig Bars.
- Silk Soy, Almond, and Coconut Milk
- Dave’s Killer Bread – Organic Plan Bagels, Organic Cinnamon Raisin Remix Bagels, Organic Everything Bagels
- Mission Organic Flour Tortillas, Organic Corn Tortillas, or Organic Whole Wheat Tortillas
Chef Jamie Gwen’s Recipes
Want to try the recipes Chef Jamie made that day? (Healthy Homemade Yogurt Parfaits Recipe, A Composed Summer Salad with Chicken and a Pixie Tangerine Vinaigrette Recipe, and Less Guilt! Cinnamon Dessert Nachos Recipe). Scroll to see them all!
Smart & Final Extra!
Smart & Final Extra! stores are much larger than a typical Smart & Final warehouse and much nicer. I was surprised to see how much they carry, and it didn’t feel like shopping at a warehouse. It also made me feel good knowing that I can get high quality products much cheaper right here. I’ll have to come back another day to compare prices. I hope they do more events like these in the future, and if you get to go, you’ll want to come hungry so you can try everything. For more information or to find a location near you, please visit their website at www.smartandfinal.com.
“Smart & Final Extra! combines the high quality fresh produce of a farmers market, the low prices of a discount grocer and the large club size products of a traditional club store. But you don’t need to buy in bulk when you shop at Smart & Final Extra! We also carry thousands of items in smaller, convenient sizes. In addition we have everything that small businesses, clubs and organizations need on a daily basis.” – Marisol Marks
First Street First Percent
First Street, Smart & Final’s flagship private label brand, features a wide variety of more than 2,000 products reaching across most categories throughout the store, from grocery, frozen and dairy to packaging and cleaning products. They are high quality, competitively-priced national brand equivalents. Starting Feb. 17, when you purchase FIRST STREET brands at Smart & Final, you’ll be helping to support the community they serve. When you buy First Street items, Smart & Final will contribute the first percent of net profit to their Smart & Final Charitable Foundation which supports local community nonprofits. The Smart & Final Charitable Foundation supports four important areas – health and wellness, education, hunger relief, and team sports and youth development. The Foundation gives to nonprofits in California, Arizona and Nevada where the company has stores. www.smartandfinal.com/first-percent