Egg Hunting Season have begun everywhere and so we met with friends for an egg hunting play date last week at Irvine Park Railroad. Here are some of the highlights…
Face Painting – 2 Tickets
This is the first time my son let anyone do this! Super excited.
Bounce House – 1 Ticket for 10 minute jump
If your child has trouble transitioning, talk to the attendant – they are really understanding and will cut you some slack.
I won a pony ride in one of the eggs! Woohoo!
Cookie Decorating – 1 Ticket per cookie
Train Rides – 1 Ticket per Person
This is now a tradition for us. We can’t leave the park without a train ride. =)
Of course, everything is optional. You can pack a lunch and just enjoy the park, but if you forget and need a snack, they also have food for purchase there. Other activities available are: pictures with the Easter Bunny, Hay Rides, Pony Rides, Paddle Boat Rentals, Bike Rentals, and OC Zoo.
Want to Host your own Egg Hunt Play Date?
Here are some tips that I’ve shared before – How to Form a Play Group to Save Money. Our group was a little small this time because our kids are in school in the mornings, but we’ve also done this in the morning for the littler ones. Egg Hunts at Irvine Park Railroad are every half hour starting at 10am.
Irvine Park Railroad is located inside Irvine Regional Park at: 1 Irvine Park Road, Orange, CA. For more information about their Eggstravaganza Event, please visit their website at:
Know before you go:
- Parking is $3 weekdays and $5 weekends.
- Entrance is Free but some of the activities require a ticket.
- Tickets are $5 each (or Save $15 with a Book of 15 for $60). Get a group together and share the savings.
- Bring an easter basket for the hunt or you can purchase one for $3. Also available are bags for $2.
- There are playgrounds throughout the park with lots of shade to have a picnic.
- COUPONS can be found HERE.
- Enter their Jelly Bean Contest for a chance to win a great prize pack. See picture below for details (located at the event ticket window).
Disclosure: This is a non-sponsored post, however, I received activity tickets to spend a day with my family in exchange for sharing our adventures. All opinions are my own. All images (c) Let’s Play OC!
Sharing is caring!