We visited TARGET the other day to check out their NEW Beauty Concierge.
TARGET wants to bring “department store quality” at “drug store prices” and become our destination beauty store. Their Beauty Concierge are trained to answer any of our questions in cosmetics, hair and skin care, hair color matching, salon tools and products, product look-ups, and will show us where to go, etc. They also carry around a mini-ipad to check inventory and quickly locate the items whether in-store, online, or other locations.
I don’t always wear make-up, but I use cleansers and moisturizers daily so asked Alex what they carried.
Here’s what I found out:
- A wide range of affordable products.
- Brands that I didn’t know Target carried like elf, Boots, Physicians Formula, Bed Head, Big Sexy Hair, Paul Mitchell, Chi, it’s a 10, and exclusive brands like Sonia Kashuk and Petra Strand.
- Alex even gave me beauty tips – it was like shopping with a girlfriend.
- More than what I asked for.
“When you don’t apply moisturizers after a spa treatment or in general, the oil glands over-process from being stripped away (same as hair) that’s when u get more breakouts and pimples,” says Beauty Concierge Alex.
For Summer, Alex recommended a good daily moisturizer with SPF30.
Wide range of salon products and accessories!
|scarves and head bands at great value!|
|Wide range of salon tools.|
|Wide range of salon products at a great value.|
Double-up!Value End Caps:
Did you know??
Did you know that they carry men’s hair color in the men’s section? Yes, that’s super obvious, but some go directly to the woman’s section.
- Better lighting.
- Hands on experiences.
- More natural products.
- More department quality products.
- More testers (coming soon).
HOW TO FIND THEM:
- Look for someone in a black apron with, “Beauty Concierge” in pink letters.
- Check their hours on the end cap.
- Call ahead if you want to know if your Target has a Beauty Concierge.
- No appointment is necessary.
- They cover eight aisles (including salon hair care products and electronics)
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Products vary from store to store based on demographics.
- They are non-commissioned, therefore, no brand biases or pressure to buy.
- They are there three times a week.
- Their hours may vary from store-to-store, check their end-caps. (see picture)
- Not yet available at all Targets.
TARGET’s Beauty Concierge is in 93 existing stores in Los Angeles and Orange County area as of May 24, 2013. The program will also launch in 26 stores in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia and Baltimore area, 36 stores in Minneapolis and expand by an additional 41 stores in Chicago, with approximately 190 stores implementing the program in 2013.
I was hoping to be in and out within 30 minutes, but was actually there almost an hour or longer. It was fun to learn about all the beauty products I never knew was there. There is a ton and I only left because I had to get back to the family.
So what do you think about the new Beauty Concierge?