- Brea Mall – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Center Court, on the lower level
- The Shops at Mission Viejo – 10 a.m. to noon near the Children’s Play Area
- Westminster Mall – 10 a.m. to noon in Macy’s Court
At each celebration, families can participate in a variety of imaginative The Wizard of Oz inspired activities to revel in the charming tradition of the YELLOW BRICK ROAD. Children who attend will receive:
- a map, which leads to various stations that feature viewings of The Wizard of Oz film clips,
- craft-making and coloring activities,
- cut-out character photo opportunities, and
- exclusive movie-focused giveaways.
Children who wear a costume will receive a free Rubie’s Red Trick-or-Treat pail, while supplies last.
“Families across the country come to Simon Malls to do more than just shop,” said Anna Cotter, director of marketing and business development at Brea Mall. “Because Simon properties are places where the community gathers, we’re encouraging adults and kids to come out, connect with each other and get immersed in a classic, fascinating film that people of all ages have enjoyed for years.”
ADDITIONAL UPCOMING HIGHLIGHTS:
- Warner Bros. is launching a comprehensive, cross-divisional The Wizard of Oz film campaign. Beginning September 20, 2013, The Wizard of Oz 3D will be presented in the immersive IMAX® 3D format and return to the big screen for an exclusive one-week engagement in IMAX® theatres across North America.
- On October 1, 2013, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) will release a limited and numbered The Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Collector’s Edition, which will consist of a five-disc set including Blu-rayTM, Blu-ray 3DTM, DVD and UltraVioletTM versions of the film; a new documentary, The Making of The Wonderful The Wizard of Oz; bonus features and premium collectibles.
- New exclusive collectible 75th Anniversary memorabilia includes a deluxe award pin set from The Noble Collection, 52-page hardcover photo book, RUBY SLIPPERS Sparkle Globe, hardcover journal, frameable map of Oz, and frameable photo card. Three more editions will be available separately: a two-disc 3D/Blu-ray, a single-disc Blu-ray, and a two-disc DVD. All four will contain the new documentary and extra content.
ABOUT SIMON KIDGITS CLUB:
The Simon Kidgits Club is a fun and informative program that focuses on health, wellness, education, safety and entertainment for children ages 3-8. Since 2003, the Simon Kidgits Club has kept children and parents alike amused with various events and activities while providing incentives for club members, such as special offers, rewards and games.
To find a location nearest you, please visit www.simon.com/kidgits-wizard-of-oz-event. For more information about the Simon Kidgits Club, please visit www.simon.com/kidgits. For further detail on Warner Bros. and The Wizard of Oz, visit www.thewizardofoz.com. Use hashtags #WizardofOz75 and #EmeraldCity to follow the fun on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
© 2013 Turner Entertainment Co. and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved. THE WIZARD OF OZ and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Turner Entertainment Co.