|Photo Courtesy of Fashion Island.|
Mickey Mouse and his friends will once again kick off the holiday season at this year’s Fashion Island Tree Lighting Ceremony on November 14th AND November 15th! More than 10,000 guests are expected to attended each night as it’s the only location in SoCal to feature the Disney friends in a tree lighting ceremony outside of Disneyland Resort! It’s going to be so much fun as the tree lights up to Disney orchestrated music, a custom light display from Disneyland, and magical snowfall!
“We’re excited that the tree lighting ceremony has grown every year and that we’re able to work with Disney to bring our guests a bit of the special holiday magic that only the Disneyland® Resort offers with Mickey and his friends,” said Stacie Ellis, senior director of marketing for Irvine Company Retail Properties.“This continues to be a wonderful holiday tradition that so many families look forward to year after year.”
Tips for Fashion Island Tree Lighting provided by Fashion Island team:
- Arrive early – Guests arrive as early as 11 a.m. to stake out their seats on the Bloomingdale’s/ Neiman Marcus court lawn.
- The show will last 20 minutes and starts promptly at 6 p.m.
- Guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs and blankets to reserve their spots.
- Be sure to dress warmly and comfortably for the cooler evening temps. There is even a chance of “snow” in the forecast!
- 10,000 guests are expected to arrive for the Tree Lighting each night; another note to arrive early for parking.
- Courtesy trams and shuttles will be operating throughout the evening to take guests to their parking spots.
- 405 Fwy. South to 73 Fwy. to MacArthur Blvd. exit; proceed toward beach and follow signs to Fashion Island.
- From MacArthur, turn right on San Joaquin Hills Rd. then left on Santa Rosa to Fashion Island. The center is encircled by Newport Center Drive.