It’s finally here! San Fernando Valley welcomes the new Discovery Cube Los Angeles (DCLA) where the former Children’s Museum of Los Angeles was located. Modeled after it’s sister campus – Discovery Cube Orange County (DCOC) in Santa Ana, Discovery Cube LA offers 71,000 square feet of interactive, hands-on learning experiences for young science enthusiasts, and encourages early learning.
|Photos Courtesy of Discovery Cube LA.|
Discovery Cube LA has both permanent and traveling exhibits like stepping into a simulated helicopter, touring California’s natural resources, and a scavenger hunt in a grocery store to only name a few. All of the exhibits are designed to encourage Early Learning and introduce Environmental Stewardship (conserve natural resources and waste reduction), Healthy Living, and STEM Proficiency.
- Science of Hockey – DSF designers worked closely with LA Kings representatives and BaAM Productions to create an exhibit that is as interactive, compelling and realistic as possible.
- Helicopter Tour – Get a bird’s eye view of California’s natural resources.
- Discovery Market – Understand packaging labels, nutrition facts, and make healthy choices.
- Discovery Stage – Watch live, hands-on science demonstrations led by Discovery Cube staff.
- Making the Grade Gallery – A gallery that bring lessons to life through hands-on exhibits that help students understand the concepts being taught in their classrooms.
- Race to Zero Waste – A game that challenges participants to sort trash and divert materials from landfills before it’s too late.
- Aquavator – A special elevator that descends deep below the earth’s surface to offer firsthand insights on the importance of saving water and protecting the fragile aquifer from pollutants.
- Inspector Training Course – Master the skills of a home inspector by using a touch screen tablet and learning how to make resource-efficient and sustainable choices for the house.
- Park Science – Learn about the Hansen Dam area, take hikes, canoe down the L.A. River, and rock climb to learn the importance of exercise.
- School Readiness Gallery – Designed to helping parents and guardians employ techniques needed to teach children ages 5 and younger how to read, understand the concept of numbers, interpret complex language and prepare to succeed in school.
- 70-Seat 4D Theater – Hosts ongoing program of films and live presentations, many produced specifically for Los Angeles and all available to teachers for in-classroom presentation.
- Bean Sprouts Café – A kid-friendly café and cooking school specializing in healthy foods for visitors of all ages, supplements its regular menu with vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, casein-free, nut-free and egg-free options.
Discovery Cube LA
11800 Foothill Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
(818) 686-CUBE (2823)
Grand Opening Promotion
In celebration of the grand opening of our Discovery Cube LA location, admission tickets are discounted to $10 per person. Offer valid now through June 30, 2015. (Regular price $16.95 adults, $12.95 children & seniors).
Teacher Appreciation Month!
Special offer to teachers from December 1, 2014 to January 4, 2015: Teachers will receive free admission, as well as $10 admission tickets for their guests. Please note that valid credentials (ID/badge or pay stub and valid ID) are required to verify current teacher status. Identification must have current year listed.
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All fans have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. No cash value. Winner will have 72 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be selected the same way. Several different ways to earn entries (some can be done daily). Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment. Good luck!