- There will be a reduction of sound levels (particularly loud or startling sounds.)
- There will be a reduction of overwhelming stage lighting.
- There will be low ambient lighting in the theater throughout the performance so patrons are able to see should they need to move around or exit the theater.
- Preparatory materials called Previsit Guides will be provided so you will know what to expect from the performance. Previsit Guides include pictures with simple captions. You can also download them here: www.scfta.org/Plan-Your-Visit/Sensory-Friendly/Previsit.aspx.
- The use of iPads or smart phones will be allowed during the performance if they are being used as a communication device.
- Designated break spaces will be available for those who might feel overwhelmed and need a break from the performance.
All sensory-friendly shows will be at 10 am in the Samueli Theater. (Non-sensory friendly shows are also available). www.scfta.org/sensoryfriendly
- Room on the Broom – October 31, 2015
- Big Bad Wolf – March 5, 2016
- Egg – March 19, 2016
Segerstrom Center for the Arts
615 Town Center Drive
Running time (approximate): 1 hour with no intermission. Also an hour before each performance, Segerstrom Center offers free engagement activities for the entire family.