America’s Family Pet Expo (AFPE) is coming back to the OC Fair & Event Center in Costa Mesa Friday, April 26 – Sunday, April 28, 2019! From big to small, this annual family-friendly event has it all! Come learn about pet care, stay for the entertainment, and maybe adopt a pet or two while you’re there. Last year, there were more than 698 animal adoptions including dogs, cats (even a few guinea pigs) which drew about 50,000 attendees. This year, the Pet Expo launches THE LAB, an interactive, hands-on “show within a show” where guests, exhibitors and pets can meet.
“The Pet Expo is about connections, whether they be with fellow pet enthusiasts, or with the animals, says Courtney Harold, Vice President of Sales, Marketing & Business Development. “The Lab will be a central meet-up location for socializing, new product launches, demonstrations and pet education seminars.”
- The Pet Expo will also debut “Kids’ Pet Care Course.” Led by licensed dog trainers, Kid Camp is an immersive experience where kids age 6-12 can learn how to care for their pet and will earn a responsible pet ownership certificate.
- Known for rapping about cat care and his passion for “cat ladies and cats,”
Instagram sensation, “Moshow the Cat Rapper” (@iAmMoshow) with nearly 223K followers and more than 1M video views, will be rapping on stage along with meet and greets at the TICA Cat Show twice daily, all weekend.
- From rare breeds to household domestics, The Catit Playground and TICA (The International Cat Association) returns offering continuous opportunities for owners to showcase their prize-worthy felines for best in show categories. Alongside TICA, the Catit Playground will provide a close-up view for guests to watch adorable adoptable cats and kittens and see how they interact with different toys and people.
- Founded in 1999, the “All-Star Stunt Dog Show” is a canine agility-show featuring high-flying, fearless and air-defying canines as they try to out-trick, flip and out jump one another. Audiences will be mesmerized by their talent and boundless energy.
- In advance of America’s Family Pet Expo, kids can design and create a 10-gallon aquarium in the Kid’s Aquarium Contest sponsored by Tetra/Marineland. Continuing this year is the America’s Family Pet Expo Hobbyist Aquascaping contest sponsored by FLUVAL.
- Doggie makeovers and pet adoptions will be handled onsite for those looking for that perfect animal addition to the family. There will be hundreds of animals hoping to find their “fur-ever home” from local community partner organizations at the Pet Expo.
Other returning favorites include Repticon, Reptile Show and Sale, offering hundreds of common and rare species of reptiles in all shapes and sizes, such as lizards, snakes, and spiders. Plus, the ever-popular Splash Dogs sponsored by CANIDAE will also be on hand offering a “splashing” good time as these dogs compete at dock jumping. There will also be the Butterfly Walk-Through, Police and Protection Dog Demonstrations, an Aquatic Touch Tank, Tortoise Petting Exhibit and The Free Flight Bird Show as added features.
***Please Do Not Bring Your Pets***
America’s Family Pet Expo 2019
Friday, April 26 through Sunday, April 28, 2109
OC Fair & Event Center
88 Fair Drive
Costa Mesa, CA
- EVENT HOURS: Friday 10am-6pm; Saturday 10am-7pm; Sunday 10am-6pm.
- ADMISSIONS: Adults = $18 (advance online through April 25th – $16), Seniors 60+ = $14, Children 6-12 = $11, Free for 5 yrs and under, Free for active and retired military with ID.
- PARKING: $9 per vehicle.
The America’s Family Pet Expo is created, produced and managed by World Pet Association, Inc., a 68-year-old nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting responsible pet care. Please kindly leave all pets at home.
One LET’S PLAY OC! reader will win this prize. Please enter below for a chance to win!a Rafflecopter giveaway
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All readers have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. I will attempt to contact the winner for 3 days. If the winner cannot be reached by email, a new winner will be selected the same way. There are several different ways to earn entries. One prize per household. The winner will receive, free of charge, the prize mentioned above. This prize is not available for exchanges. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment.