Tummy Tucks (aka Mommy Makeovers) are no joke. It is a serious commitment that takes months to prepare for, plus you have downtime which requires you to rely on others for support. I say “months” but it could take years, because you’ll need time to research, find the right doctor, and mentally prepare. Let’s face it, it’s a scary process! I’ve had two kids and my youngest is eight years old. It was time for a change, and I wanted my body back. Once you are convinced you have found “the” doctor, you have to schedule the operation, and you’ll also need time to run errands, line up support, do blood work, fill prescriptions, make meal arrangements, and because you can’t drive for two weeks, you’ll want to stock up on things that will make you feel comfortable.
As you may know my journey with Dr. Brian Reagan at Cosmeticare has been amazing, and I’m fortunate that I had no complications. If you ask me if I would do it again, I would say, “Absolutely!” It is nothing I am ashamed of or want to hide. I’m not sure why more people aren’t talking about it. Here are my top ten reasons why I would do it again…
- I feel sexier and more confident. It’s a major boost in my self-esteem, and I have a waistline again!
- I like wearing clothes again. Sometimes they have the cutest outfits on the mannequins, but after trying them on, it just doesn’t fit right with my love handles aka jellyroll (or muffin top) so I have to try on more clothes. I just don’t feel pretty.
- I wore a bikini again for the first time in 15 years. (See photo below). No seriously this is a big deal. Plus my doctor gave me abs!
- I have awesome friends. Why is this important? I had friends come over to wash my hair, bring me flowers, and they even arranged a meal train. I was just grateful I didn’t have to eat jello and chocolate pudding every night for dinner.
- My husband can’t keep his hands off me! We’re high school sweethearts and have been together for the last 25 years. He adores me but sometimes I missed him desiring me. It’s still me. Maybe upgraded, but still me.
- I feel young again. My friends notice and people I don’t even know, notice. I know people are wondering if I had work done, and if they ask me, I would tell them, “I sure did.”
- I don’t look at food the same way. The whole process was a little traumatic, but why did I just go through all that and not make any changes? It’s not weight-loss, it’s body contouring. This is my second chance, and I still need to lose 20 pounds to be at a healthy weight. I’m still learning how to make better choices.
- My doctor is a specialist. I love my doctor. Not only did I feel I was in the best of care through out the process from their staff, my doctor is a perfectionist. After seeing his work, I knew I was in the best of hands. Literally!
- My husband was very supportive. You really need a strong individual to take care of you the first few days. Strong, because they will need to be able to sit you upright and walk you to the restroom etc. He even took off work the first few days so he can take me to my post op appointments, AND he helped me with housework. I’m a lucky girl!
- Last but not least, my family and friends have given me nothing but positive feedback, and they want to get it done too.
As mentioned this is all about body contouring and not a weight-loss solution. I love my new body, and now I want to redo my wedding photos. I know it might not be for everyone, but forget the naysayers. They really don’t know what they’re missing out on. You take care of you! ~Mary
Thank you, Cosmeticare, for sponsoring this post! My readers get 10% OFF abdominoplasty or BOTOX when they mention this code when they call, book online, or go in the office: MARY100. Cosmeticare is located at 1101 Bayside Dr #200, Corona Del Mar, CA 92625 (949) 386-2773. Their consultations are free. For a free consultation, please visit their website at www.cosmeticare.com.