Starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning, and Michelle Pfeiffer, Disney’s MALEFICENT: MISTRESS OF EVIL, the sequel to 2014’s MALEFICENT, releases on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere on New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31, and physically on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ and DVD on Jan. 14, 2020. Directed by Joachim Rønning, MALEFICENT: MISTRESS OF EVIL includes brand-new bonus features, extended scenes, outtakes and an exclusive extra for Digital consumers.
STORYLINE: “The years have been kind to Maleficent and Aurora. Their relationship, born of heartbreak, revenge and ultimately love, has flourished. Yet hatred between man and the fairies still exists. Aurora’s impending marriage to Prince Philip is cause for celebration as the wedding serves to unite the Kingdom of Ulstead and the neighboring Moors. But, when an unexpected encounter introduces a powerful new alliance, Maleficent and Aurora are pulled apart to opposing sides in a Great War, testing their loyalties and causing them to question whether they can truly be a family.”
Bonus features includes behind-the-scenes with the all-star cast to explore the making of MALEFICENT: MISTRESS OF EVIL.
- Extended scenes reveal how Queen Ingrith (Michelle Pfeiffer) manipulates Aurora into questioning Maleficent and accelerating her wedding plans.
- Featurettes include interviews with Jolie, who discusses Maleficent’s origins and the cast who portray the Fey, and Fanning, who gushes over Aurora’s fairytale wedding.
- Filmmakers showcase the visual effects behind the film’s stunning landscapes and the seemingly effortless flight of the Fey.
- Additional extras include “You Can’t Stop The Girl,” a music video performed by Bebe Rexha, and hilarious outtakes, ranging from uncooperative cats to uncontrollable giggles on set.
Digital purchase of the film MALEFICENT: MISTRESS OF EVIL will give you access to an exclusive extra in which fantasy-film veteran Warwick Davis divulges the backstory for his character, Lickspittle.
MALEFICENT: MISTRESS OF EVIL will be packaged and released in several different formats. You can watch the film in Digital 4K Ultra HD, HD and SD, and bring home a physical copy of the film which will be released as an Ultimate Collector’s Edition (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital Code), a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Code) and a single DVD. A Digital bundle with both MALEFICENT and MALEFICENT: MISTRESS OF EVIL will be available at preorder.
- Lickspittle – Fantasy-film veteran Warwick Davis considers how every aspect of the film’s design inspired his tragic character.
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL BONUS:
- Extended Scenes
- The Queen Comforts Aurora – Queen Ingrith takes advantage of Aurora’s fragile state to gain her confidence and accelerate the wedding plans.
- Philip and Aurora Dance – Aurora struggles to gain Queen Ingrith’s approval when she realizes how she is viewed among aristocracy.
- Origins of the Fey – Angelina Jolie discusses Maleficent’s lore, her newly discovered origins, and the diversity of the cast who portray the Fey.
- Aurora’s Wedding – Elle Fanning gushes over Aurora’s fairytale wedding; plus, hear from some special guests as they give their best to the bride and groom.
- If You Had Wings – Get a glimpse of the elaborate visual effects that allow the Fey to take to the skies.
- “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” VFX Reel – Discover how a perfect blend of practical and visual effects were used to create the stunning landscapes in “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.”
- Outtakes – Uncooperative cats, a serious case of the giggles and even the “floss dance” found their way into Ulstead.
- “You Can’t Stop The Girl” – Music video performed by Bebe Rexha
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:
- Product SKUs: 4K Ultra HD (4K UHD+Blu-ray+Digital Code), Multi-screen Edition (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Code), DVD, Digital 4K UHD, HD, SD and On-Demand
- Feature Run Time: Approximately 118 minutes
- Rating: PG in U.S. (bonus material not rated); PG in C.E.; G in C.F.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1
- UHD Blu-ray = English Dolby Atmos; Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese and French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus; French-Canadian Dolby Digital 5.1; English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
- Blu-ray = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
- DVD = English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital; English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
- UHD Digital = English Dolby Atmos (some platforms); English, Spanish and French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital; English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
- HD Digital = English, Spanish and French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital; English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
- SD Digital = English, Spanish and French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital; English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
- UHD Blu-ray = English SDH, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, French and French Canadian
- Blu-ray = English SDH, French and Spanish
- DVD = English SDH, French and Spanish
- Digital = English SDH, French and Spanish
- Closed Captions: English (DVD and Digital)
One LET’S PLAY OC! reader will win this prize. Please enter below for a chance to win!a Rafflecopter giveaway
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All readers have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. I will attempt to contact the winner for 3 days. If the winner cannot be reached by email, a new winner will be selected the same way. There are several different ways to earn entries. One prize per household. The winner will receive, free of charge, the prize mentioned above. This prize is not available for exchanges. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment.