It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Last weekend we were at Disneyland Resort previewing their holiday celebration. There is a lot going on at both parks all day and all night long, but for some reason we don’t get tired, and we want to see it all! That is the magic of Disney. Yes, we want to see and do it all, but it is not possible in one day (we were there for 12 hours that day and still missed half of it because we were at both parks) so you’ll want to do a little research before you get there especially if you’re visiting with small children.
Main Street, USA is so pretty in both the daytime and especially at night. Mickey and his friends were dancing with a marching band when I was at City Hall and instantly felt happy. You really don’t know what you’re going to see and no matter the age, you’re just excited to see Mickey.
- Sing along to familiar tunes on this most joyous holiday cruise as various cultures are featured in “it’s a small world” Holiday bringing peace on earth.
- It’s Jack Skellington’s dream come true in Haunted Mansion Holiday. Some of it is creepy, but still fun to experience. I love this version of Haunted Mansion the best!
- A shipment of holiday decor went missing, and we soon find them scattered in a comical safari throughout the rainforeston Jingle Cruise.
- Watch beloved Disney Characters join Santa Claus for a merry musical celebration in “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade (about 40 minutes).
- Paint the Night Parade is back on select nights lighting it up.
- Santa Claus is over there at Pooh’s Thotful spot in Critter Country.
- Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle undergoes an enchanting transformation.
- “Believe… in Holiday Magic” Fireworks Spectacular are nightly at 9:30 pm.
Here is where you will find Disney Characters for Meet-and-Greets: Disney Princesses are at Royal Hall, Tinker Bell is in Pixie Hollow, Darth Vader and Chewbacca are inside Star Wars Launch Bay, Mickey Mouse is at his house inside Mickey’s Toontown, and Minnie Mouse is at her house inside Mickey’s Toontown.
Other Festival of Holidays live performances includes Holiday Toy Drummers at Boudin Bakery, Stilt Circus at Festival Corridor, Blue13 Dance Company by Paradise Park, Mariachi Divas at Pacific Wharf, RAISE over there at Pacific Wharf Stage, Mostly Kosher at Sonoma Terrace then later at Paradise Park and more!
Here is where you will find Disney Characters for Meet-and-Greets at Disney California Adventure (check the schedule upon arrival for updated times): Princess Elena of Avalor is in the Paradise Gardens Gazebo, Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome are in Hollywood Land inside the Disney Animation, Chip & Dale will be in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, Country Bears are at Grizzly Falls, Captain America & Spider-Man are in Hollywood Land, Goofy & The Three Caballeros will be in the Paradise Gardens Gazebo, Residents of Radiator Springs are in Cars Land, and there will also be Disney Characters on Buena Vista Street.
Disney FASTPASS Service are available for California Screamin’, Goofy’s Sky School, Grizzly River Run, Radiator Spring Racers, Soarin’ Around the World, and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
www.disneyland.com/shows. Have a magical time! ~Mary
Disneyland is located at 1313 Disneyland Dr. in Anaheim, California. For more information, please call (714) 781-4565 or visit their website at www.disneyland.com