The Southern California Resident Deal at Disneyland Resort is back, and it’s offering locals a sweet deal to enjoy the park! This year they are offering three days, one park each for $199 with one magic morning access – that’s about $67 per park per day! (Non-resident pay $270). To compare, single day passes can range from $91-$124 depending on if it’s a peak day or for a child. There is also a 3-Day Hopper option for $244 which is about $82 per day. (Non-resident pay $315). Either way you look at it, it’s like getting a third day for the price of two! What I like about this deal is it gives my family an affordable option to enjoy the park without committing to an annual pass. We can spend hours and hours exploring the park and not be done. Plus the three day deal includes one Magic Morning giving you an extra hour on select days to play before it is open to the public.
What’s the catch? You have to prove you’re a resident, and the tickets expire May 21, 2018. There’s one more thing you must know – the tickets have Blockout Days of March 23 through April 8, 2018 which means you can pretty much go any day without restrictions except for these dates. This year, “Get More Happy” with enhanced Star Wars experiences at Disneyland Park, celebrate Lunar New Year Disney-style at Disney California Adventure, enjoy a season of delicious eats at their annual Food & Wine Festival, plus a much anticipated resort-wide Pixar Fest. Additionally, the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort are offering special rates on standard and premium rooms for a limited time.
Star Wars Experiences
Many of the experiences have been enhanced to include the the latest film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”.
- Star Wars Launch Bay has new additions to the gallery, including video interviews with the creators of “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” and a sneak peek at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the all-new land coming to Disneyland in 2019. For meet-and-greets, meet Wookiee, Chewbacca, or Darth Vader.
- Star Tours—The Adventures Continue has a new sequence which takes passengers to two exciting new destinations: Crait, the site of an epic battle in “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” and Batuu, the remote outpost guests will discover when Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens in 2019.
- Tomorrowland Theater will show iconic moments from past and present Star Wars films in Star Wars: Path of the Jedi with updated scenes from the latest film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple invites Young Padawans to continue their training with the Force to defeat the dark side.
Lunar New Year Celebration
Disneyland Resort is bringing its biggest Lunar New Year celebration to Disney California Adventure Park Jan. 26 to Feb. 18. Commemorating the Year of the Dog, celebrate 24 days of multicultural performances, fun-filled activities, beautiful décor, delicious cuisine and themed merchandise. Highlights include:
- “Hurry Home—Lunar New Year Celebration,” the heartwarming, nighttime water show at Paradise Bay prior to “World of Color”,
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a magical celebration that celebrates family and friendship,
- a Lucky Wishing Wall,
- encounters with God of Good Fortune Goofy, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie, Chip ‘n Dale, Mulan and Mushu all dressed in their Lunar New Year attire, and more.
(Photo courtesy of Disneyland Resort.)
Food & Wine Festival
Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival returns March 2 to April 12 bringing delicious cuisine, specialty beverages and exciting entertainment for guests of all ages to enjoy inspired by the Golden State. With experiences happening daily during the six-week event, guests will always find something tasty to try at more than a dozen Festival Marketplaces, along with live music, entertainment and special activities. Guests will experience presentations and demonstrations with celebrity chefs such as Robert Irvine, Alex Guarnaschelli and Shaun O’Neale, food and beverage tastings, winemaker dinners, beer, wine and spirit seminars, and more.
Pixar Fest Celebration
Celebrate the magic of Pixar Animation Studios with the biggest theme park celebration of beloved stories and characters in this first-ever, Pixar Fest, which begins April 13 throughout the Disneyland Resort.
- “Pixar Play Parade” returns but this time it is making its way through Disneyland for the first time and bringing Pixar to guests with the addition of three new story elements. The daily parade will begin with an appearance by the iconic and adorable Pixar Lamp. Rolling ahead of the famous lamp will be the familiar yellow Pixar Ball. Also joining the parade are characters from the beloved films “Up” and “Inside Out.”
- New nightly fireworks! “Together Forever—A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular,” celebrates Pixar stories as it lights up the sky beginning with the debut of Pixar Fest, April 13, 2018. Along with dazzling pyrotechnics and memorable music, a heartwarming story celebrates the theme of friendship, an ever-present concept in Pixar animation. “Together Forever” comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. The grand tradition of Tinker Bell flying over Sleeping Beauty Castle also gets a Pixar twist, with a special flyover by Buzz Lightyear.
- “Paint the Night” parade returns but it will now be at Disney California Adventure. “Paint the Night” features pals from Disney·Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars.” Another Pixar story will join the nightly “Paint the Night” parade later in the year, adding to this popular nighttime experience.
- Coming Summer 2018, PIXAR PIER at Disney California Park will feature the new Incredicoaster inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles.” This artist concept below illustrates the four new neighborhoods that will represent beloved Pixar stories and the newly themed attractions that will be found throughout the permanent land of Pixar Pier.
Get the 2018 Southern California Resident Deal!
Want to see all this and more? Get the Southern California resident ticket offer which provides flexible options for two or three days of magic and adventure at special prices! For a limited time, guests may select from these purchase options, which can save Southern California residents up to 25 percent off select multi-day tickets:
- 2-day ticket with choice of one park per day for $159
- 2-day Park Hopper ticket for $204
- 3-day ticket with choice of one park per day for $199
- 3-day Park Hopper ticket for $244
Also during the first few months of the year, special hotel offers are available for guests who want to turn their visit into a getaway and stay in the middle of the magic at any of the three Hotels of the Disneyland Resort. Guests may save on standard and premium rooms for select nights from January 7 through April 12, 2018, if booked by March 17, 2018. This is an ideal time to stay at the newly renovated Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, the modern classic Disneyland Hotel, or the seaside-themed Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
Where to Buy
Southern California residents may purchase tickets at Disneyland.com and at Disneyland Resort ticket booths. Guests who purchase tickets online may print their tickets at home. Proof of residency is required for purchase. These special offers are available only for a limited time. Southern California residents must purchase tickets from Jan. 8 through May 21, 2018. Tickets expire on May 24, 2018, and blockout dates apply.
With these tickets, guests may also purchase Disney MaxPass to receive unlimited Disney PhotoPass photo downloads and the convenience of mobile Disney FastPass while in the parks through the Disneyland App.
Important Details About Magic Morning at Disneyland Park
Magic Morning admission allows one (1) admission into select attractions at Disneyland Park before the park opens to the general public on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. Each Guest must have valid, eligible theme park admission. To enhance the Magic Morning experience, it is strongly recommended that Guests arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening. Magic Morning admission is based on availability and capacity. Applicable theme park, days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants and appearances of characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to restrictions and cancellation.