If you’re a big fan of anything Boysenberry (the legendary fruit that’s a cross between a loganberry, raspberry, and blackberry), you’ll want to join the celebration at Knott’s Berry Farm’s Boysenberry Festival! This year, the festival is over three weeks (April 1–April 23) featuring over 70 boysenberry inspired dishes, drinks and more. For 23 days, everyone can indulge in yummy eats and stay to play with live entertainment, new shows, pie eating contests, meet the Easter Beagle and PEANUTS gang, new Old MacDonald petting zoo, line dancing, mingle with the Ghost Town townsfolk, a nighttime dance party, and of course, roller-coaster rides because it’s included with park admissions. (Additional cost for tastings). There is something for everyone, and if you want more boysenberry, stop into the Berry Market and shop their boysenberry selections like Boysenberry BBQ sauce, Boysenberry Butter, Boysenberry Dressing and Boysenberry Chipotle Sauce available in the California Market Place and General Store located in Ghost Town.
FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL!
As mentioned, there are about 70 boysenberry offerings that can be found throughout the park like Boysenberry Meatballs, Boysenberry Apricot Pulled Pork Sandwich, Boysenberry Short Ribs with Jasmine Rice, Boysenberry Crepes with Nutella, Boysenberry Pizza, Boysenberry Flautas, Corn on the Cob with Boysenberry Butter and Mayo, Boysenberry Indian Fried Bread with Nutella, Chocolate Covered Boysenberry Cheesecake on a Stick, Boysenberry Ravioli, Boysenberry Corn Dog, Fun Bun and Fun Stick, Boysenberry Frappuccino and Latte, Boysenberry Hot Wings, and more! HINT: Located inside of Ghost Town’s Wilderness Dance Hall is an assortment of wine and craft brews (a tasting fee will apply).
- New this year, The Old MacDonald Petting Zoo pays tribute to one of Knott’s original attractions. Young ones and young at heart are invited to cozy up to the cutest critters on the farm including horses, sheep, goats and other furry friends.
- Join Snoopy, Charlie and the entire PEANUTS gang as they present an all new interactive, musical revue called Snoopy’s Boysenberry Jamboree! at the Calico Mine Stage. This new show will have families singing, dancing, and playing along with the beloved Peanuts characters and talented performers during the whimsical, high energy celebration of springtime.
- Meet the Easter Beagle in Camp Snoopy as well as other PEANUTS friends and stay for a sing along at the theater.
- Country music will fill the air as the Ghost Town Miners take the stage in a fun, musical performance at the Firemen’s BBQ stage.
- For the first time in over 20 years, the Legendary Bird Cage Theatre will be the home of musical comedy melodrama, with a special presentation of the Old Time Melodrama. America’s longest running Melodrama returns with an original, interactive, comedy and a surprising boysenberry twist!
- In the evening, a group of krazy talented performers will have guests kicking up their heels with vine dancing, a down home jug band and dueling fiddlers and banjos! At the Wagon Camp stage, get crazy when Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies mount their toe tappin’, knee-slappin’, gut-bustin’ country comedy show that will have audiences clamoring for more, then
- Dance the night away with DJ Cruz in Fiesta Village!
Boysenberry Festival 2017
April 1 – 23, 2017
KNOTT’S BERRY FARM8039 Beach BoulevardBuena Park, CA(714) 220-5200www.knotts.com
EXTENDED PARK HOURS: 10 am to 10 pm
Here’s a little cool history of Knott’s Berry Farm that you may or may not already know. Walter and Cordelia Knott moved to Buena Park California in 1920 to farm 20 acres of rented land which included harvesting and selling the first boysenberry named after its originator, Rudolph Boysen. A recreated original roadside boysenberry stand where the Knott family sold freshly picked boysenberries can be found on the streets of Ghost Town. This year, Ghost Town’s Town Hall will feature a 10-minute film offered exclusively during the festival.