NEW THIS YEAR
- Daredevils & Wheels – A wild, live-action stunt show at Action Sports Arena July 18-22, this outrageous spectacle features the Globe of Death steel ball, Vortex of Doom aerial platform raceway and a motorcycle high wire.
- Fair food – Those who have been saving up those calories for their summer Fair treats can choose from chocolate pasta, a spaghetti donut, the pineapple-and-pork “Pine and Swine” sourdough bread, frozen Reese’s cream pies, deep-fried filet mignon on a stick, spicy fried cheese curd chips and Bomb Pops in a cup.
- Gigantic farmers: Bounty of the County – Three 16-foot-tall murals by artist John Cerney honoring local farmers and ranchers will greet fairgoers at the three main gates of the OC Fair. Plus, human-scale displays showcasing California’s own farm stars share video stories with guests at the click of an app.
- Craft Bar – Farm-to-bar mocktails (and cocktails after dark) will include hand-picked garden ingredients sure to refresh and inspire (and locally crafted spirits from San Clemente’s Drift Distillery).
- Peterson Farm Brothers – Real-life singing Kansas farmers turned YouTube sensations will give Fair guests a unique view of real life on a farm in 2018 – and you can even sing along.
- Bravemind exhibit at Heroes Hall – Opening in June, this new exhibition will show how a virtual reality technology from USC is helping veterans overcome PTSD in the real world.
- Culinary Crawl – This guided tour takes fairgoers through a mini version of OC‘s curated culinary offerings, from a Patisserie to a Charcuterie, featuring insider info and tastings. Free tours will be held four times daily.
- Selfie pop-up museum – Stay tuned for details on this only-at-the-OC–Fair pop-up selfie experience that will celebrate the unique and Instagram-worthy fun of the Fair. The exhibit is set to open on July 20.
Returning Fair Favorites
- Junior Livestock Auction – Saturday, July 21, at the Livestock Show Ring. See ocfair.com/junior-livestock-
auction for details.
- OC Brew Hee Haw craft beer festival – Saturday, July 14, and Sunday, July 15. Get tickets at ocbrewheehaw.com.
- OC Fair Fun Run 5K – Sunday, Aug. 5. Celebrate the 10th anniversary of the summer’s funnest 5K! Register at ocfair5k.com.
Also coming back for more summer fun: All-Alaskan Racing Pigs, Peking Acrobats, comedy hypnotist Mark Yuzuik, The Conjurer, Russell Brothers Circus, Frank Thurston, Explorium and more.
Ways to Save Deals!
OPENING DAY – Free ‘Til Three on Friday, July 13 (12-3 p.m.)
Enjoy free admission and parking on Opening Day of the 2018 OC Fair – Friday, July 13, only. Valid noon-3 p.m.
- San Diego / Ventura & OC Fair Bounceback: Save your San Diego County Fair or Ventura County Fair ticket stub for one free admission at the OC Fair, July 13-Aug. 12. Ticket must be surrendered at the gate to redeem offer.
- Active Military & Veterans: Active-duty military and veterans receive free OC Fair admission and are eligible to purchase half-price general admission tickets. Promotion is valid all 23 days of the OC Fair. Military ID is required. Free admission is not applicable for spouses or dependents. A maximum of six half-price general admission tickets may be purchased. This offer may not be combined with any other offers.
- Read & Ride: Bookworms ages 5-11 can read two books to earn three free carnival rides! Download the book report form. Completed book report forms can be redeemed for ride tickets at the Centennial Farm Information Booth during Fair hours. Tickets are valid July 13-Aug. 12, 2018, only. Official OC Fair Read & Ride Form must be used in order to participate in program.
- New! Wear Overalls Day (noon-3 p.m.) Fairgoers who wear overalls get free admission.
- $3 Taste of Fair Food (noon-4 p.m.) Sample a variety of food from different vendors for $3 each.
- Kids Day (all day) Children 12 and younger receive free admission.
- Seniors Day (all day) Guests 60+ receive $5 admission and free Ferris wheel and merry-go-round-rides.
- $2 Rides & $2 Games (noon-4 p.m.) Try out all of the Carnival and Midway attractions for just $2 each.
- Best Deal Ever! (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.) Admission is half price ($7) for all guests, and rides are half the carnival tickets to ride.
- New! Sunday Fun Day (11 a.m.-1 p.m.) Admission is half price ($7) for all guests. Rides are half the carnival tickets to ride, OR guests can purchase a $35 unlimited ride wristband (11 a.m. – 1 p.m., valid until 4 p.m.)
- Free Till Three on Opening Day (Friday, July 13, noon-3 p.m.) Admission and parking are free at all gates on Opening Day of the 2018 OC Fair until 3 p.m.
- First Responders and Law Enforcement Week (Aug. 8-12) With an issuing agency ID, active-duty and professional staff of the police, sheriff, fire and emergency services departments receive free admission.
- Salute to Heroes – Veterans and active-duty military receive free admission with a valid ID and are also able to purchase up to six general admission tickets for half off.
- Fair It Forward – With the original ticket, guests who attended the San Diego County Fair, Ventura County Fair or OC Fair can receive free admission to both of the other two fairs.
- Read & Ride – Bookworms ages 5-11 who read two books and complete the online book report form (available at bit.ly/readride2018) will receive three free carnival rides. This deal can be redeemed at the Information Booth in Centennial Farm during regular Fair hours.
- Pacific Amphitheatre & Carnival Ticket Bounce-Back – Guests who attend a Pacific Amphitheatre concert receive one free ride on La Grande Wheel XL in the Main Midway with their valid ticket stub.
- OC City Coupon – Orange County residents can pick up a coupon for $2 off full-price general admission from their local city halls or libraries. This coupon is valid for up to four people; must present original coupon.
- Free offsite parking (every Saturday and Sunday) Park at the Experian lot in Irvine for free, and take the courtesy shuttle straight to the OC Fair.
- OC Fair Express (every Saturday and Sunday) Fairgoers traveling to the Fair on OCTA’S OC Fair Express bus receive a coupon for $4 Fair admission. The bus fare is $2 each way ($4 round trip; $1.50 for seniors). Buses run 10 a.m. to midnight and will pick up from nine different locations throughout Orange County. Visit ocfairexpress.com for more information.
2018 OC Fair theme: “Free Your Inner Farmer”
July 13-Aug. 12, 2018 Wednesday-Sunday
(Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays)
Costa Mesa, California
Wednesday-Friday, noon-midnight; Saturday-Sunday, 11 a.m.-midnight
- Wednesday-Friday: $12 general, $7 senior (60+) and youth (ages 6-12), free for children 5 and younger
- Saturday-Sunday: $14 general, $7 senior (60+) and youth (ages 6-12), free for children 5 and younger