The OC Fair is back!!! Opens this Friday, July 14th and here through August 13th, that’s 23 days of food, rides, exhibits, animals, shopping, shows, and fun. Let’s go over the many different ways we can save. The Fair is open Wednesdays through Fridays from noon to midnight, and Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to midnight. (Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.) Download the free 2017 OC Fair iPhone and Android app available this summer to locate what to eat, general information, find deals and exhibits, plan your day, entertainment schedules, learn more about the carnival rides, and more! Plus all app users can enter to win free carnival ride passes and food vouchers. Let’s go over the many different ways we can save.
2017 OC Fair Deals
- Super Pass – Fairgoers can enjoy 23 days of the Fair for one low price. Super Passes are $35 for general admission and $28 for seniors and youth ages 6-12. New this year: Super Pass holders who come to all 23 days of the 2017 OC Fair will win the Perfect Attendance Award and receive a free 2018 Super Pass.
- Free Till Three – This opening-day special rewards those arriving between noon and 3 p.m. with free admission and parking.
- Best Deal Ever – On Saturdays and Sundays, Fairgoers can take advantage of half-price admission and carnival rides for half the usual number of tickets.
- Veterans and active-duty military personnel – Admission is always free with ID and their guests can purchase up to six half-price tickets.
- Read and Ride – Bookworms ages 5-11 can read two books to earn three free carnival rides. Download book report forms at www.bit.ly/ocfairread and redeem them at the Centennial Farm information booth.
- Bounce-back tickets – Save your San Diego Fair (June 2-July 4) or Ventura County Fair (Aug. 2-13) tickets to get free admission to the OC Fair. Your OCFair ticket gets you into the Ventura County Fair for free.
- We Care Wednesday – Get free admission and one free carnival ride when you donate items to select local nonprofits between noon and 3 p.m. On July 19, bring five nonperishable food items to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank and the OC Food Bank. July 26, donate three new or gently used children’s books for Think Together. Aug. 2, bring five clothing items to benefit Goodwill Orange County. Aug. 9, donate school supplies valued at $5 or more (receipt required) for Share Our Selves.
- Unlimited carnival rides – Enjoy all the carnival rides you can handle for $30 on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Wristbands are sold until 5 p.m. and are valid until 8 p.m. You get two free games, too. Fair admission sold separately.
- $3 Taste of Fair Food – Samples of select Fair treats are just $3 every Thursday noon-4 p.m.
- Kids Day – Each Thursday, children 12 and under get in free all day.
- Seniors Day – Free admission for those 60 and older every Friday.
- $2 rides and $2 games – On Fridays noon-4 p.m. rides and games are just $2 in the main carnival and the kiddie carnival.
- Free offsite parking on weekends – Park in the Experian structure at 475 Anton Blvd. (near the Bristol exit off the 405 Freeway), in Costa Mesa and catch a free shuttle to the Fair 10 am – 1 am.
- OC Fair Express – Take an OCTA bus from one of nine locations direct to the Fair and receive a coupon for $3 general admission, one coupon per person. Bus fare is $2 each way on Saturdays and Sundays, 11 am -midnight. For more information and locations, visit www.ocfairexpress.com.
The Toyota Summer Pacific Amphitheatre Summer Concert Series features headliners such as Pepe Aguilar, Colbie Caillat, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Jake Owen with Orange County’s own Honey County. The Hangar at the OC Fair will showcase the best in tribute bands and more including Queen Nation, Trevor Hall, Mariachi Sol de Mexico and Which One’s Pink?, a tribute to Pink Floyd. Pacific Amphitheatre is the new home of the Pacific Symphony’s SummerFest 2017 featuring a five-concert lineup including a symphonic tribute to Bruce Springsteen with fireworks, Kenny Loggins performing with the symphony, a live performance of the “Jurassic Park” score while the movie plays, the Tchaikovsky Spectacular complete with live cannons and fireworks and a Hail to the Heroes concert.
2017 OC Fair: “Farm Fresh Fun”
July 14-Aug. 13, Wednesday -Sunday
88 Fair Drive (off the 405 and 55 freeways)Costa Mesa, CA(714) 708-1500ocfair.com
HOURS: Wednesday-Friday: noon-midnight, Saturday-Sunday: 11 am – midnight
- Wednesday-Friday: General (13-59) – $12, Senior (60+) – $7, Youth (6-12) – $7, Children 5 and under-free
- Saturday-Sunday: General (13-59) – $14, Senior (60+) – $7, Youth (6-12) – $7, Children 5 and under-free
PARKING: Cars – $10, Buses and limos – $20, Pacific Amphitheater VIP – $30. Free offsite parking & free fair shuttle: Saturday-Sunday from Experian. Shuttle runs 10 am – midnight. OC Fair Express bus: From nine locations Saturday-Sunday, $2 each way and receive a $3 Fair admission coupon per ticket. More information: ocfairexpress.com