Post written by me for Disneyland. All opinions are my own.
The Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure celebrates its first year anniversary! With the opening of the new Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind ride on June 28th, the four neighborhoods (Incredibles Park, Toy Story Boardwalk, Pixar Promenade, and Inside Out Headquarters) are now complete. You’ll also find creative food and beverage selections throughout the pier.
Pixar Pier’s Neighborhoods
- Incredibles Park – Inspired by Disney and Pixar’s “The Incredibles”, it also features The Incredicoaster, the fastest attraction at Disneyland Resort.
- Toy Story Boardwalk – Meet Bo Beep and other characters along the Boardwalk. Rides include Jessie’s Critter Carousel and Toy Story Mania! 4D carnival games attraction (our favorite)
- Pixar Promenade – Celebrates a collection of favorite Pixar stories. Mickey’s Fun Wheel has transformed to Pixar Pal-A-Round with 24 freshly decorated gondolas with each featuring a Pixar pal. New Games include La Luna Star Catcher, Heimlich’s Candy Corn Toss, WALL E Space Race, and Bullseye Stallion Stampede. Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff offers confections like saltwater taffy, rainbow cotton candy, and Memory Makers.
- Inside Out Headquarters – Inspired by Disney and Pixar’s film “Inside Out”, has a new ride, Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind. Meet Joy and Sadness near the attraction.
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats – soft serve cones and parfaits
- Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums
- Poultry Palace – turkey legs and chicken drumsticks
- Senor Buzz Churros
- Angry Dogs – hot links
The remaining areas of the original Paradise Pier become a new land called Paradise Gardens Park. (Paradise Gardens, Silly Symphony Swings, Jumping Jellyfish, Goofy’s Sky School, Golden Zephr and The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure).
There is a ton to do in both parks. Wear comfortable shoes, dress in layers, and plan your day wisely. Get a locker if you have to. The Disneyland app is a handy tool to maximize your day. (Download it over WiFi before you go). You can check wait times, find restaurants, view menus, and even make reservations. The MaxPass upgrade is highly recommended. For an additional $15 per person, we were able to reserve FASTPASS selections via phone app and skipped lines. Here’s a Tip: As soon as you scan to redeem, plan for the next one and reserve it right away. By the time you ride then walk there, it will be your time to ride again. It eliminates most of the waiting time in line. Be careful not to “reserve just in case”. If you are not sure you are going to ride and end up changing your route, it will block you from adding another reservation for a few minutes. After doing this a few times, we became more efficient and were able to ride more rides. It is totally worth it plus the photos you take with cast members as well as the photos from the rides are included!
1313 Disneyland Drive