FEBRUARY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Celebrate Groundhog’s Day | February 2: Today at Pretend City, celebrate with Punxsutawney Phil and learn about Groundhog’s Day! We will find out if we will have a long winter or an early spring and why we celebrate this holiday dating back to 1887!
- Boy Scout’s Week | February 6 – February 10: It’s Boy Scout’s Week! Come explore at Pretend City as we host field trips teaching scout law and celebrate boy scouts all throughout the week. This week is one your scout will KNOT want to miss, scout’s honor!
- Celebrate Tu B’Shevat | February 9: Come celebrate Tu B’Shevat with us! Today at Pretend City, your child will be immersed in a cultural experience that will allow them to try tasty tree snacks, particularly fruits indigenous to Israel. We will teach the importance of trees to our environment and your child will understand how to give back and appreciate trees all around them.
- Chinese Lantern Festival | February 11: Kung Hei Fat Choy means Happy New Year! We are celebrating the end of the Lunar New Year with the Chinese Lantern Festival! Join us for an explosive story time and a cultural connection; learning numbers in Chinese!
- Baby Steps Through Pretend City | February 13: This month’s Baby Steps is focusing on teething tots and how to soothe the painful stages of teething. Parents can come to Pretend City and learn how to soothe their baby’s aching teeth and learn infant dental health remedies.
- Valentine’s Day | February 14: XOXO Happy Valentine’s Day! We LOVE all our Pretend City guests! Join us today for special Valentine’s Day activities and learn all about this lovey-dovey holiday!
- Random Acts of Kindness Day | February 17: A warm smile is the universal language of kindness. Today at Pretend City, we want to encourage kindness to your child. Remember that there is no such thing as a small act of kindness, every act creates a ripple with a wonderful impact on all.
- President’s Day | February 20: Happy Presidents Day! Does your child know about the leaders of our nation? Today at Pretend City, bring your child in to teach them about our nation’s Presidents and why they are so important in history. We are open a full day today!
- Tell a Fairy Tale Day | February 26: Once Upon a Time… the classic beginning to any great story, right? Today at Pretend City, let your child indulge in creativity as they learn all about fairytales! Let their imaginations run wild as they enjoy different stories and activities centered around fairytales!
- Family Autism Event | February 27: Today at Pretend City, we will be hosting a special event for children of all ages who are on the autism spectrum. This is a fun opportunity for families and children to play and interact in an autism-friendly environment. Pretend City wants to enrich your family’s play experience with welcoming smiles and practical support.
- Celebrate Mardi Gras | February 28: “Laissez les bons temps rouler!” is French for “Let the good times roll!” It’s one of the most popular sayings during Mardi Gras–Join us at Pretend City and let the good times roll in our own Mardi Gras celebration! Sing and dance your way through the museum and end the day with a festive parade where your child will be able to decorate their own float.
Pretend City29 HubbleIrvine, CA949.428.3900www.pretendcity.org