Holidays at LEGOLAND California Resort is officially open! This year’s special guest, actress and singer Hilary Duff, helped Santa pull the switch to light the world’s largest 30-foot LEGO Christmas tree in their 15th annual Tree Lighting Ceremony! The tree is made of more than 245,000 green DUPLO® bricks, has more than 400 LEGO ornaments, and illuminated with more than 11,000 LED lights. At the ceremony, LEGOLAND California Resort donated $10,000 on Duff’s behalf to Baby2Baby, which provides low-income children ages 0-12 years with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. By distributing to non-profit partner organizations including homeless and domestic violence shelters, Head Start programs, foster care programs and children’s hospitals, Baby2Baby will serve more than 150,000 children in Los Angeles this year and tens of thousands more across the country through the Baby2Baby National Network.
We enjoyed listening to the exciting announcements for 2018, watched fireworks, and snow began to fall at the tree lighting ceremony. The tree lighting ceremony is part of the Park’s festive winter celebration, Holidays at LEGOLAND California Resort.
Here’s more for Holidays at LEGOLAND California:
- Sing and dance with LEGO® Friends live holiday show. You’ll want to stay until the end cause that’s when snow starts to fall.
- Occasional snow flurries and a traveling brass band playing festive bluegrass music will fill Heartlake City on select days.
- Enjoy authentic “German Christmas Market” inspired treats like traditional holiday breads, grilled sausages, giant Bavarian pretzel and more.
- Join Santa’s musical elves, The Yule Tides, in an all new show at Fun Town Stage. They were a joy to watch.
- Enjoy character meet and greets with LEGO Santa and a LEGO toy soldier.
- Collect holiday inspired pop badges.
- LEGOLAND California is also offering exclusive retail deals for shoppers looking for the perfect LEGO holiday gift.
Kids’ New Year’s Eve & Fireworks on 12/31!
Want to ring in the New Year but don’t want to miss their bedtime? On Dec. 31st, LEGOLAND has a party designed with children in mind. Imagine a huge LEGO brick drop from 22-feet in the air launching a spectacular fireworks display at 6 pm in miniland’s Times Square LEGO-style! This celebration begins with special musical performances on Fun Town Stage and Heartlake City. Then, the party moves to San Francisco in Miniland U.S.A. where, like the famous Times Square party, Kids’ New Year’s Eve features a countdown followed by a huge LEGO brick dropping 22 feet into 2018 and spectacular fireworks at 6 p.m. to end the night.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All readers have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. I will attempt to contact the winner for 3 days. If the winner cannot be reached by email, a new winner will be selected the same way. There are several different ways to earn entries. One prize per household. The winner will receive, free of charge, the prize mentioned above. This prize has no cash value and is not available for exchanges. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment.