The D23 Expo—The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—brings the entire
world of Disney under one roof, providing attendees with unprecedented
access to Disney films, television, and theme parks. D23 Expo 2013 will celebrate its grand opening with a welcome from Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger followed by the first of two arena presentations hosted by The Walt Disney Studios at the Anaheim Convention Center.
On Friday, August 9, The Walt Disney Studios will surprise and delight fans with sneak peeks of the incredible slate of upcoming animated films from
- Walt Disney Animation Studios,
- Pixar Animation Studios, and
- Disneytoon Studios, hosted by Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter.
Then, on Saturday, August 10, Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn will host The Walt Disney Studios live action arena presentation which will pull back the curtain on upcoming releases from
- Disney Live Action and
- Marvel Studios.
Both presentations will feature exclusive clips and behind-the-scenes footage, filmmaker discussions, and surprise celebrity appearances.
The 4,000-seat arena, the largest venue at The Ultimate Disney Fan Event, will for the first time feature a 2,000-seat overflow theater where guests will be able to watch these once-in-a-lifetime happenings though a live feed.
- Art and Imagination: Animation at The Walt Disney Studios (Friday, August 9, 10:00 a.m.)Disney and Pixar Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter, filmmakers and star talent will take guests on a journey through The Walt Disney Studios’ slate of upcoming animated features, including Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen and Pixar Animation Studios’ The Good Dinosaur. Plus, catch the U.S. debut of the new Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse!, major movie announcements, and a not-to-be-missed live musical performance.
- Let the Adventures Begin: Live Action at The Walt Disney Studios (Saturday, August 10, 10:30 a.m.)The Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn will showcase the Studios’ exciting live-action release slate, including Disney’s Saving Mr. Banks and Tomorrowland, Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, and much more.
Follow D23 Expo 2013 Updates:
For the latest D23 Expo 2013 news, visit D23Expo.com. To be part of the D23 Expo conversation, make sure to follow @DisneyD23 and tag your tweets with #D23Expo. Fans can join D23 at D23.com and at www.DisneyStore.com/D23. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow @DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube.
About D23’s History:
The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his fledgling studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s nearly 90-year history. D23 gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts and special events for D23 Members throughout the year, highlighted by the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California, August 9–11, 2013.
Disclosure: I will attending with a media pass. All opinions are my own. Logo is copyrighted and used with permission.