Promoting healthy hearts and healthy bodies, together BODIES… The Exhibition and St. Jude Medical Center will host community health screenings this Thursday, July 25th thru Sunday, July 28 at Brea Mall.
|Photo Courtesy of BODIES…The Exhibition|
BODIES…The Exhibition brings its 600 lbs. of love to Brea, a huge sculpture of an anatomically correct human heart! And, get a sneak peak of the exhibit’s preserved “touch” specimens which have been preserved using a revolutionary process called polymer preservation which will be available to see, touch and learn about in advance of the BODIES…The Exhibition opening Aug. 1 with expert speaking about what you’re touching.
Health Screening Details: Get to the HEART of the matter with BODIES…The Exhibition’s
600 lb Human Heart Replica Sculpture & St. Jude Medical Center.
Come learn about your amazing heart and join us for presentations,
health education, ask an expert, free screenings, test your knowledge, BODIES…The Exhibition ticket raffle, giveaways and more.
The 12 ft. x 13 ft. humongous sculpture of an anatomically correct
human heart will be the focal point during the health awareness
campaign. Throughout the campaign, St. Jude Medical Center physicians
and staff will be on hand to provide free screenings for cholesterol,
carotid artery and PAD (Peripheral Arterial Disease), as well as provide
the very latest information to keep your body healthy for greater
longevity and living life to the fullest. There will be giveaways and
plenty of opportunities to ask medical experts those nagging health
questions you have always wanted the answers to.
Dr. Roy Glover, professor emeritus of Anatomy and Cell Biology at the
University of Michigan and chief medical director for BODIES. “For
centuries, the medical community has learned about the inner workings of
the human body through the study of real human bodies, and now it’s
possible for the public to gain an intimate knowledge as well.”
Thursday, July 25 from 10:00am-Noon will kick-off the health screenings when BODIES…The Exhibition
Collections expert will showcase a sample of what to expect from the
new exhibit opening in Buena Park on August 1. Specimens preserved in a
revolutionary process called polymer preservation, including a real
human heart, will be available to see, touch and learn about in advance
of the BODIES opening. St. Jude Medical Center staff will be on hand to
provide FREE health screenings and answer your questions about how to
keep your heart healthy and live better longer.
Thursday, July 25
- 10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. “Cholesterol: The Good, The Bad, and The Total” presentation by Laura Null, PA, St. Jude Heritage Medical Group
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. FREE Total Cholesterol Screenings
- 10:30 a.m. – Noon BODIES…The Exhibition Q & A w/ Specimen Demo
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Demo
Friday, July 26
- 9 – 9:30 a.m. St. Jude Medical Center’s Club Ped Group Exercise
- 10 – 10:30 a.m. “The Mediterranean Diet for Heart Health” presentation by Susan Watkins, RD, St. Jude Heritage Medical Group
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. FREECarotid Artery Screenings
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. AED Demo
Saturday, July 27
- 10 – 10:30 a.m. “Five Heart-Healthy Changes to Make Today” presentation by Fariba Gharai, M.D.
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. FREE PAD (Peripheral Artery Disease) Screenings
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. AED Demo
Sunday, July 28
- 11 – 11:30 a.m. “Hip-Hop to Health,” a Family-Friendly Fitness Demo
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Test Your Heart Knowledge
About BODIES…The Exhibition
Come face to face with real, full-body specimens and organs that provide an incredibly detailed, three-dimensional vision of the human form rarely seen outside of an anatomy lab. Multiple galleries provide an up-close look inside the skeletal, muscular, reproductive, respiratory, circulatory and other systems of the human body…including a smoker’s lung and a healthy lung, Many of the specimens are arranged in vivid athletic poses, allowing the visitors to relate to their own bodies in everyday activities. Tickets for the Exhibitions can be obtained by logging onto www.BuenaParkExhibitions.com.