I am impressed by the list of natural ingredients.
How many of you have heard about the new USDA’s guidelines for school vending machines?
On June 27th, the USDA announced its “Smart Snacks in School” guidelines, which affect the 100,000+ elementary, middle and high schools that accept assistance from the National School Lunch Program. The Smart Snacks in School rules affect “competitive foods,” which are so called because they compete with the lunch program. Competitive foods are snacks sold in vending machines, a la carte lunch lines and in student stores.
These guidelines had not previously been touched for the past 30 years! That is, until the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 set a deadline for the USDA to revamp them. The new rules set limits on calories, fats, sugar and sodium while encouraging the consumption of dairy, whole grains, protein, fruits and vegetables. Schools must comply by July 1, 2014.
- In addition to providing healthful food and drink options, Healthy Vending machines provide nutrition education via high-definition LCD screens that display streaming education related videos and digital content.
- H.U.M.A.N. currently has over 1500 machines placed across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico in schools, hospitals, gyms, and government and corporate locations across the world.
- H.U.M.A.N. is committed to social and environmental stewardship. In January of 2013, H.U.M.A.N. became the first in the vending industry to become a Certified B Corporation. Certified B Corporations meet high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. As a Certified B Corp, H.U.M.A.N. is legally required to consider the impact of its decisions on its employees, franchisees, suppliers, community, consumers, and environment.
- Additionally, H.U.M.A.N. donates 10% of profits to charities that fight the causes of childhood obesity and malnutrition, with a predominate recipient of those funds being H.U.M.A.N.’s non-profit arm, H.U.M.A.N. Everywhere.H.U.M.A.N. Everywhere’s mission is to leverage the power of social entrepreneurship to improve the nation’s collective health by increasing access to nutrition education and healthful foods while advocating for public policy that contributes to these goals.
Entrepreneur Magazine ranked H.U.M.A.N. as one of its “Top 100 Brilliant Companies” and Forbes Magazine has ranked H.U.M.A.N.’s one of “America’s Most Promising Companies” twice in a row. H.U.M.A.N. is the only vending company to make Forbes’ list and is one of only ten companies to rank in the top 50 for the past two years.
For more information about H.U.M.A.N. Healthy Vending, please visit their website at http://www.healthyvending.com. For more information about the USDA’s Smart Snacks Rule, please visit http://www.healthyvending.com/blog/usdas-smart-snacks-school-rule/.
Disclaimer: H.U.M.A.N. Healthy Vending sent me a sample snack pack to review to share with my readers. All opinions are my own. Your experiences may vary.
One lucky winner will receive (pictured):
- H.U.M.A.N. Healthy Vending recyclable tote
- H.U.M.A.N. Healthy Vending baseball cap
- 1 bag of Boom Chicka Pop Sea Salt Popcorn
- 1 bag of Wonderful Brand Pistachios in Roasted and Salted
- 1 bag of Food Should Taste Good Brand in Jalapeno flavored tortilla chips
- 1 bar of Clif KIT’s Organic Fruit & Nut Bar in Peanut Butter
- 1 bar of Kind Brand Nuts & Spices in Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt
- 1 ECO LIPS bee free 100% vegan lip balm
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All fans have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. No cash value. Winner will have 72 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be selected the same way. Several different ways to earn entries (some can be done daily). Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment. Good luck!