Orange County families are invited to score an “A+” in preparedness and entertainment with Simon Kidgits Club®’s annual Back-to-School event. Join Simon Malls for a special celebration to help young students and parents across the the country ‘make the grade’ even before the school year begins at one of the malls below:
- Brea Mall – Saturday, August 17, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. near Center Court
- Westminster Mall – Saturday, August 24, from 10 a.m. to noon in Macy’s Court
- The Shops at Mission Viejo – Saturday, August 24, from 10 a.m. to noon near the updated Children’s Play Area
“At Simon® malls, we know the back-to-school experience means more to families than simply purchasing must-have supplies,” said Nate Weirbach, director of marketing and business development at Westminster Mall. “We’re hosting our annual Back-to-School event to encourage parents and kids to connect with each other, enjoy a final moment of summer fun at their favorite Simon mall, and get ready to take on a new school year.
Simon Kidgits Club’s Back-to-School event will feature a variety of interactive activities for children and valuable offers for adults, all designed to make transitioning into academic routines a little easier.
- Infusing some fun to head back into the classrooms: Kids will have the opportunity to participate in seasonal-inspired craft-making activities and games, including bookmark decorating at Brea Mall, personalized notebook decorating at Westminster Mall, and notebook decorating and entertainment by Radio Disney at The Shops at Mission Viejo.
- Introducing what’s hot: Before hitting the books, families can explore the latest clothing, accessory and toy trends from retailers at Brea Mall, Westminster Mall and The Shops at Mission Viejo. An informal fashion show at The Shops at Mission Viejo will feature children from the local community (chosen via Facebook) in the hottest looks for the new school year from select retailers, including The Children’s Place.
- Sharing savvy ways to save: Event attendees will have the chance to win prizes and giveaways, and tackle their back to school shopping lists with exclusive retailer coupons and promotions at each of the Orange County-area malls.
- At Westminster Mall, GAP has partnered with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America for a “Back to School Drive” benefiting disadvantaged students. Shoppers who donate school supplies in-store for students aged 6-17 will receive 25% off one regular priced item (please see a GAP sales associate for official rules and details). In addition, at Westminster Mall’s Back-to-School bash, Kidgits Club members will receive a special insulated lunch bag, while supplies last.
- For The Shops at Mission Viejo Kidgits Club members will receive a special LEGO figure gift, while supplies last.
- Shoppers who follow The Shops at Mission Viejo on Twitter or like them on Facebook by August 23 will receive a special gift by mentioning their username at the event.
- At Brea Mall Only. Celebrate the home release of ‘EPIC’ at the Simon Kidgits Club Back-to-School event. From the creators of ‘Ice Age,’ the year’s funniest, most exhilarating animated adventure comes home as EPIC debuts on Deluxe Edition Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and DVD this August 20 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Directed by Chris Wedge and featuring an amazing voice cast including Colin Farrell, Amanda Seyfried, Christoph Waltz, Jason Sudeikis, Steven Tyler, Pitbull, and Beyonce, the blockbuster film comes home just in time to help families become one with nature and end the summer in EPIC style. In addition to a viewing area, Kidgits Club members will participate in EPIC-inspired activities like decorating their own bug jar, creating their own garden stake, designing their own EPIC scene and completing coloring and activity sheets. Members will receive a movie mini poster, while supplies last.
For more information about the Simon Kidgits Club and Back-to-School events, please visit http://www.simon.com/kidgits-back-to-school.