There’s a NEW Children’s Museum coming to SoCal! Southern California Children’s Museum is currently operating without walls and they’re hosting a hands-on learning experience on Saturday, September 14th from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at Santa Anita Park.
- Dozens of vehicles for children to climb, sit in the driver’s seat, touch and see.
- There will even be a beach ball dump and Cozy Coupe carwash.
- Goody bags available while supplies last.
“We believe in the importance of play and community for young children to grow, learn, explore, and thrive. That’s why we, as parents of young children, have joined together to create that special place right here in the San Gabriel Valley.”
Sat, Sept 14th
285 W Huntington Dr
# # #
More about Southern California Children’s Museum (SCCM):
Southern California Children’s Museum (SCCM) will have an emphasis on local arts and culture from the Southern California region. They are designing the museum primarily for children under the age of eight. Exhibits and activities will be play-based and focused on developing a child’s gross and
ﬁne motor skills, while incorporating dramatic play elements. Their goal is to bring an environment based on early childhood education to our newest generation while offering them a place to create lifelong memories. They are currently operating as a “Museum Without Walls” offering educational programming and events to our community. To become a part of their museum family, contribute, volunteer, or to learn more, please visit www.socalkids.org.
There are many exhibits that they are exploring:
– Farmer’s market exhibit
– Hollywood Bowl dramatic play and music exhibit
– Santa Monica Pier water play exhibit
– Griffith Park Observatory camping exhibit
– LACMA Urban Light sensory exhibit
– Library exhibit
– Construction zone exhibit
– Doctors’ office exhibit
– Rose float arts and craft exhibit