The Wizard of Oz musical opens this week at Segerstrom Center for the Arts, and we thought you’d like to know the Pre-Show Activities offered before the show. WE CANNOT WAIT!!
|Danielle Wade as Dorothy and Robin Evan Willis as Glinda – The Wizard of Oz Photos by Cylla Von Tiedemann
©2013 Canadian Cast
All pre-show activities will take place one hour prior to each performance and will include:
- The Yellow Brick Road to Oz where guests can write down on paper made bricks what they would ask the great and powerful Wizard if they had the courage and the chance.
- One vast There’s No Place Like Home map for patrons to mark where they call home.
- A hands-on Tornado Demo that includes facts about these fierce and destructive windstorms.
- There will be a fun Photo Opportunity featuring the iconic yellow brick road. Guests are encouraged to post photos on their social media sites and use hashtag #WizardOC.
- Audiences can browse the Fun Facts Display containing trivia about all things THE WIZARD OF OZ – from the original books to previous stage productions to the immortalized 1939 classic film.
- Kids’ Night on Broadway takes place February 12 & 13 and includes additional pre-show activities for children. For each full-priced adult ticket purchased, a child’s admission will be free. This offer is valid for young people ages 5 – 18 and the promo code is: KNOB.
THE WIZARD OF OZ
February 11 – 23, 2014
Segerstrom Center for the Arts – Segerstrom Hall
600 Town Center Drive
Costa Mesa, CA
Tickets: Start at $29
Tuesday – Friday at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday at 2* and 7:30 p.m.
Sunday at 1 and 6:30 p.m.
*The 2 p.m. performance on Saturday, February 22 will include audio description, open captioning and
Disclosure: We will receive media tickets to review this performance. All opinions are our own. All images are copyrighted and used with permission. Information provided is accurate at the time of printing, but is subject to change.