Do you absolutely love October in Southern California and love to celebrate all things Halloween month long? Well you might want to add more to the list, because Great Wolf Lodge SoCal offers nightly trick-or-treating for hotel guests, and several other themed activities to make it more special for families. Most recently we were there for a sneak peak, and we also visited one of the Snowland Suites available in December. (There are only 10 of those per night.)
- Pumpkin Judging: (All Day in the Grand Lobby.) Some of the staff members are extremely creative. Vote for your favorite pumpkin and be inspired to carve pumpkins too!
- Peeps Scavenger Hunt: (All Day throughout the resort). There are hidden peeps throughout the lodge. Some are harder to find that others. The kids and I had fun trying to look for them. If you would like to play, pick up the cards from the front desk. Bring the completed card to story-time to be entered into a raffle for a pair of Mike & Ike Ear Buds. Drawings are nightly.
- Nightly Trick-or-Treat Trail: (5-7pm Sunday thru Thursday/5-8pm Friday & Saturday). It starts in the Grand Lobby at the Howl-O-Ween House. You will also get your treat bags there. The seven stations are throughout resort with some being in the stairwell and you can go in any order. The trail is designed so you can go at your own leisure and also make it in time for dinner and story time. Note: The treats are for the children but they must be accompanied by an adult.
- Spooktacular Story Time: (8:15 pm Grand Lobby). Story Time is nightly as you already know, but in the month of October, they change up the story to fit the theme. Come in costume.
- Costume Parade: (8:30 pm Grand Lobby). The parade starts right after Story Time. This happens very quickly after story time and the parade is really short so if you’re not there for story time, you will miss the whole thing. The march makes one large loop in the lobby which turns into one long line to take photos with the special character appearance.
- Monsters Bash Dance Party: (9:15 pm Grand Lobby Friday, Saturday, Sunday Nights.) If you’re not ready for bed, stick around for the dance party! It’s fun for all ages. Come in costume or pajamas – Go ahead and dance the night away!
Snowland Suites and Gingerbread House Dining