Sleep-deprived parents of newborns might like this new product! HALO®, the producers of the wearable blankets (my favorite baby shower gift), is excited to announce the launch of their brand new baby bassinet product – the Bassinest™ Swivel Sleeper! The bassinet has a unique dual-swivel design which rotates 360 degrees to allow baby to sleep as closely to Mom as possible without bed-sharing. Mom can easily get in and out of bed, as well as tend to baby without having to get up. Need another visual? Take a look at the video showing the HALO Bassinest™ Swivel Sleeper in action!
SAFETY TIPS REMINDER
Please share these tips with all caregivers to ensure safe sleep for your baby:
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at nap time and at night time.
- Room-share, but don’t bed share; the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend against bed sharing as it can lead to an increased risk for accidental suffocation.
- Use a crib or bassinet that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
It retails for $229.99. For more information about the new HALO Bassinest™ Swivel Sleeper, please visit their website here: www.halobassinest.com.