Winter Fest OC is coming back to Orange County for their fourth consecutive year, and once again they will be bringing winter to the OC, but this time, they are bringing 40,000 square feet of new attractions – It’s bigger than ever! Hosted again at the OC Fair & Event Center, it will offer 18 days of holiday experiences for all to enjoy from December 20th through January 6th. You’ll have to decide what you want you want to do first. Will it be ice tubing, real snow play, festival of lights, nightly tree celebrations with parade, crafts, live entertainment, outdoor ice skating, or carnival games? There is a ton of stuff to do for all ages. New entertainment and attractions including SoCal Dicken’s Village, Candy and Snowflake Wonderland, and an expanded Festival of Lights tunnel.
Hint: Santa and his reindeer will fly over the fairgrounds for select nights before heading back to the North Pole on Christmas Day. Enter below for a chance to win tickets!
New to Winter Fest This Year:
- SoCal Dicken’s Village – Take a trip down memory lane through the 1800’s with holidays past, present, and future. Decorate Christmas cookies, listen to holiday storytelling, visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus (through Christmas Eve), take a pony ride, and visit the new Victorian holiday shops.
- Candy and Snowflake Wonderland – Step into an interactive wonderland full of candy and snowflakes with a new selfie experience that is sure to delight visitors and capture the picture-perfect Instagram moment.
- Festival of Lights – Stroll through Winter Fest’s 100-foot-tunnel of two million lights to explore five lands with animated displays. For additional fun for the kids, make sure to ride through the Festival of Lights on the trackless train.
- Orange Ball New Year’s Eve Celebration – Ring in the New Year not once, but twice, with a special countdown, Orange Ball drop, fireworks and an unforgettable balloon drop at both 6pm and midnight. Multiple live bands will be playing to commemorate the end of the year, and the start of a new one.
- Club Winter Fest – Private, ice rink-side VIP cabanas are available nightly starting at only $69 per session, creating the ultimate destination for holiday office parties, family retreats or date nights. Enjoy the all-new lounge area with exquisite views of the nightly Christmas tree lighting ceremony featuring fireworks, snow flurries and a free drink upon entry. Tickets are limited.
Back by Popular Demand:
- Snowflake Summit – Visit Snowflake Summit for unlimited ice-tube racing down the 150 foot, eight lane slide. Fast Pass wristbands are available starting at only $10 to skip the general admission line.
- Flying Santa and his Reindeer – Don’t miss the magic of the North Pole as Santa and his reindeer fly over the fairgrounds December 20th – December 24th. This spectacle takes place during the nightly Christmas Tree Lighting celebration and features fireworks and snow flurries.
- Penny’s Snow Play – Fresh snow blown in daily to make SoCal’s largest snow play attraction with two snow arenas: one caters to toddlers and the other to kids (and kids at heart.)
Also returning are the world’s largest rocking horse, wintery-themed bounce houses for kids, a giant walk-through ornament, strolling carolers, petting zoo, character meet and greets, crafts, arcade games, more than 30 carnival rides and games, and seasonal food and beverages. Families are also invited to celebrate El Dia de los Reyes or Three Kings’ Day on January 6th where Winter Fest will honor the tradition of the Three Kings with a parade and live camel.
Winter Fest OC!
December 20 through January 6, 2019
OC Fair & Event Center
88 Fair Dr
Costa Mesa, California
Every admission ticket includes:
- Unlimited ice tubing down Snowflake Summit’s 150-foot, 8 lane mountain of ice
- Snow Play area with real snow blown in daily – expanded this year!
- Festival of Lights two-million-light stroll-through holiday displays – 7 new lands!
- Nightly tree lighting celebration with parade of Winter Fest characters, snow flurries, fireworks and flying Santa and his Reindeer until he returns to the North Pole
- Winter Fest themed bounce houses and slides for kids
- The world’s largest walk-through ornament and rocking horse
- Craft making and games in Santa’s workshop
- Daily entertainment including live bands, magic from Jimmy H, and strolling carolers
- Character live shows and meet and greets from popular cartoons such as Thomas the Train, Sid the Science Kid, PJ Masks, and Buddy from Dinosaur Train
- Little Elves (Toddler) play area
- Santa’s petting zoo
- Arcade games
- Snowboard Simulator
Additional attractions with a fee include:
- Ice Skating on a full outdoor rink
- Candy Cane carnival with more than 30 rides, attractions and games
- Pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus in their cabin
VIP CABANAS/CLUB WINTER FEST
Club Winter Fest – Private, ice rink-side VIP cabanas are available nightly starting at only $69 per session, creating the ultimate destination for holiday office parties, family retreats or date nights. Enjoy the all-new lounge area with exquisite views of the nightly Christmas tree lighting ceremony featuring fireworks, snow flurries and a free drink upon entry. Tickets are limited.
COMMUNITY HERO DAYS
- First Responders (Fire, Police, EMT’s) & Nurses Appreciation Days: Wednesday, December 26th and January 2nd
- Military/Veterans Appreciation Days: Thursday, December 20th, 27th, and January 3rd
- Teachers Appreciation Day: Friday, December 21st, 28th, and January 4th
- Complimentary Admission with proof of valid ID at the Box Office
For more information on Winter Fest OC, please visit their website at www.WinterFestOC.com and follow them on social media for the latest updates on entertainment, food and fun >> Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube or find postings using hashtag #WinterFestOC.
US Residents Only. No purchase necessary to enter. All readers have an equal chance to win, however, you must enter to win. A winner will be randomly selected via RaffleCopter and notified via email. I will attempt to contact the winner for 3 days. If the winner cannot be reached by email, a new winner will be selected the same way. There are several different ways to earn entries. One prize per household. The winner will receive, free of charge, the prize mentioned above. This prize is not available for exchanges. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment.