Hey remember the Mimi’s Go Red for Women event in February? I am happy to report they raised $158,000 for American Heart Association‘s Go Red for Women® Movement. What a great cause for heart healthy awareness and research to end heart disease! Here’s more info:
“Across the nation, Mimi’s Cafe’s guests and teammates “put their hearts up” to support American Heart Association’s® Go Red For Women® movement in February.”
- Mimi’s Knoxville team raised the most, $4,689, out of all 145 restaurants.
- Surpassing this year’s goal, Mimi’s has raised the bar by shouting louder and standing stronger in the fight against heart disease in women.
- One hundred percent of the donations go to the American Heart Association.
- Mimi’s second annual campaign kicked off on Feb. 1, the 10th National Wear Red Day, and concluded Feb. 28.
- Mimi’s fundraising efforts included a free soup offer every Tuesday throughout February for guests who made a donation, a $1 donation came with a heart-shaped tribute card to display in the restaurant, and those making a $5 donation received a limited-edition sparkle red dress lapel pin. As a thank you, all donors received up to $30 in Mimi’s savings.
“Mimi’s is touched by the huge hearts of our guests who made a contribution during American Heart Month,” said Karen Eadon, Vice President of Marketing, Mimi’s Cafe. “With their help and the help of our team, we were able to take a stand and continue to raise awareness to help prevent heart disease, the number one killer of women.”
# # #
ABOUT MIMI’S CAFE
Founded by Arthur Simms, who was stationed in France during World War II, Mimi’s Cafe is a neighborhood bistro inspired by the wonderful flavors, wines and unmistakable ambience of Paris, and named after a captivating mademoiselle he met named Mimi. In 1978, he opened the first Mimi’s Cafe inspired by his memories of Mimi and passion for good food, wine and camaraderie that he remembered so fondly. Mimi’s Cafe is owned by Le Duff America, Inc. and has 145 locations in 24 states. More info at www.MimisCafe.com.
ABOUT GO RED FOR WOMEN
Go Red For Women® is the American Heart Association‘s national movement to end heart disease in women. We are committed to the fight, for as long as it takes. The American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women® movement advocates for more research and swifter action for women’s heart health. The American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women® movement was created by women, for women. Because our health is non-negotiable, because we have the power to save our lives, and because the best force for women is women. The American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women® movement is nationally sponsored by Macy’s and Merck & Co., Inc, with additional support from our cause supporters. For more information please visit GoRedForWomen.org or call 1-888-MY-HEART (1-888-694-3278).