The Los Angeles County Fair is celebrating their 92nd anniversary this year, and they are full of surprises. Now through Sept. 28th, you can check out amazing lighting displays in Luminasia.
As you continue on your travels, you will soon explore Chinese Myths and Legends like the Legend of the Lunar Goddess Change, and the Chinese Zodiac. You’ll want to take a picture with your astrology sign (Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Pig, Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, and Snake).
And last but not least ,who doesn’t love LA? I Love LA will take you to the Mann Chinese Theater and the Hollywood Sign – you might even take a picture with an Oscar.
Want more at the LA County Fair?
Check out these exhibits:
- The Hall of Heroes celebrates superheroes of comic books and real-life . Come face to face with Batman, Spiderman and Superman as well as the men and women who serve our country.
- Go and visit Mojo’s new Wild and Crazy Lagoon. LACF’s capuchin monkey, Mojo, and her friends have a home on the water and are ready for some monkey business. Don’t miss seeing sharks, sting rays and sea lions at Beneath the Sea or read your way to adventure in America’s Kids, celebrating children’s literature.
- The Farm at Fairplex is bigger this year with the addition of three more acres and hundreds of California specialty crops. Visit the Big Red Barn full of animals for all you animal lovers!
- The End of Summer Concert Series presented by Toyota brings the best in rock, pop, R&B and Latin music. Limited numbers of free general admission concert tickets are offered the day of each concert.
- When the concert ends, dance the night away at the all-new Grinding Gears Nightclub, a Steam Punk inspired nightclub inside the fair!
Returning fan favorites include:
- The Carnival with more than 70 exciting rides;
- Esmeralda’s Traveling Circus;
- The Flower & Garden Pavilion highlighting the flora and fauna of China; and
- Tasting Classes and Sampling at the Wine, Spirits & Beer Marketplace.
What we love about LACF is that it is a place that welcomes all age groups, because there’s something for everyone! Enjoy these last days of Summer at the LA County Fair!
Disclosure: We attended a media preview event for reviewing purposes. All opinions are our own. All images are by Carolina Gonzalez. Information accurate at time of publishing and subject to change without notice.
Written by Carolina Gonzalez. Carolina is a newbie in LA ready to discover all the hidden jewels this city offers. Carolina loves life, travel, volunteering, ballet, theatre, fashion and desserts – oh yeah! You can follow Carolina on Instagram and Twitter @CaroinLAcity.